PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone noticed

minfootball
20th May 2007, 03:42 AM
there seem to be a lot of people wearing the clr tag that have posted very few times or never...
i havent seen them acting bad at all but it just seems a little awkward that they dont show up on the forums but wear the tag...
the three ive found and knifed so far are
StillTrooper
KamilFox
ShirleyTemple

and there was another that i havent even seen here on the member list

maybe admins should grant the clr status to people or something because i feel that the tag will be taken lightly if so easily worn...

thedeadlyassassin
20th May 2007, 03:55 AM
STilltrooper and kamilfox visit every once in awhile, but I've never seen shirely temple...

AmazingRedd
20th May 2007, 04:05 AM
i have also seen a few that i dont recognize from b4 but i have also started playing a month/half ago. so they probably from back then or from bf2 but as long as they know the rule n follow it the way it is. it should be fine but also its good to post on the forums and let people know who u are. so u wont be a stranger ingame n here. and to my vote, i cant vote any because allowing admins to tag people, its like having a clan recruiter n they tagging up people. i just dont see it right like that.. allow whoever? no way. first they gotta go by the rules then they could could wear the tag. and i do care about this community that why im replying to this.

killa_zn
20th May 2007, 04:06 AM
stilltrooper is bob :D

USHA
20th May 2007, 04:12 AM
A server that has been my home for the past 4 years or so would call them ?regs? or regulars. They are granted the ?reg? tag to where in front of there names. You can not have it unless you?re voted in to the group. Only the 4 levels of admin can vote for new ?regs?.

Now there have been other groups that dint need admins votes, such as OTC and the A-Team. New players are going to wear CLR to fit in while trying to fell like a part of the community. Others will wear it with pride because they fell they have earned it.

I?m not voting because im new here. Just some things to think about.

Master_Chief_Alpha
20th May 2007, 04:28 AM
Added another option: "Should be earned."

MCA

MulletRacer
20th May 2007, 06:39 AM
ive seen alot that ive never seen lately

shirley temple just added it on his ir her name yester day i think

Apache Warrior
20th May 2007, 07:00 AM
I have seen all three on and quite regularly. Some people only play for short times or at odd hours and this can make it difficult to recognize everyone. Just because someone does not post doesn't mean they aren't on the forums. There are a lot of people who lurk for a long time before they ever post. I was one and now you can not shut me up. :D
Apache

tigershilone
20th May 2007, 07:20 AM
You wont find a more straight up player than StillTrooper, I'll happily squad with him any day of the week and he has been on the server for quite some time.

Again, as others have said, many ppl lurk in the forums and dont post (ghosting) and they are welcome to do that. This is not a clan, but it is regularly patroled/scrubbbed down by admins and they do a pretty good job from what I have seen. Remember the opening page of this website says all are welcome if they follow the rules. And the rules sticky thread highlites what it is to be a CLR and the standards that apply. A CLR is held to a higher standard and can get banned quicker than a normal asshat because they are representing all of us and how we play. PPl who put on the tag are joining the community and would like to be part of us, so I give the benefit of the doubt until I see otherwise.

Tiger_Shilone

tempo420
20th May 2007, 10:06 AM
ya im a ghoster...im checkin forums everyday, but i rarely post...but i know whats goin on though... i luv clr but i cant jus cant throw on some tags, i fell as if i need to earn them!

CrplCupcakes
20th May 2007, 10:07 AM
I know that they don't seem to post on the forums but they have all been playing religiously on the servers for a while now, not to mention they are pretty good players to boot, well StillTrooper and ShirleyTemple anyway, not to sure about KamilFox. I have seen him around but not as much as the other two.
Actually ShilreyTemple has been a thorn in my side for a while. I can't be getting pwned by someone with a sillier name than mine. I say ban 'em. just kidding :twisted:

KJHenf
20th May 2007, 10:20 AM
I'm pretty sure I've seen KamilFox on here. I used to wear CLR tag without being on forums, too. :2thumbs:

Dead_And_Gone
20th May 2007, 10:21 AM
Apache is correct. Lots of lurkers on the forums.
It's all good. :2thumbs:

Nikolai0505
20th May 2007, 10:30 AM
ive seen alot that ive never seen lately

shirley temple just added it on his ir her name yester day i think
yeah i thinks so too teh name sounds firmliar oh yeah he was asking me how to join us :D

Duke{CLR}
20th May 2007, 10:33 AM
Like Apache I also lurked on the forums for several months. The fact that I had only been a very small part of one or two forums before made me a bit shy online. My typing ability has gotten much better but It still takes me a long time to type out a post. What made me a CLR was my gaming values not my ability to post. When the old forums were brought down I only had 160 posts but I was still a CLR.

Another thing to consider is that people play at different times of the day depending on their schedule. My schedule used to change drastically one month it was midnight the next it was 7AM. The CLR tag identified the people who played the same way I did no matter if I had met them before or not.

This is a fluid community people come and go as they please all they need to do is follow the rules in game.

Geddy
20th May 2007, 10:39 AM
I believe Kamil is RNAtheRock's brother. And he has been around for some time.

Stilltrooper has been around for quite a while even in BF2 I believe. Good guy.

And ShirleyTemple is new but a lot of fun to squad up with and definitely plays a teamwork style.

No complaints at all on those three.

Geddy

Nikolai0505
20th May 2007, 10:51 AM
I think they should have been on the server for a while do no tknow how long and then they could get the tag, and then they have to at least say hello. hopefully they will be very active in the forums..... like me :twisted:

{CLR} Naillik
20th May 2007, 11:17 AM
ShirleyTemple = Noob rammer, spawn knifer, uncap camper, RDX hopper, titan gun spammer....
Bad man :P :P :P :pissed:

Storm_Shadow
20th May 2007, 12:49 PM
Am at least vaguely familiar with all three. Two have been around for quite a long time.

I chose the final option because I think it would be good to at least see an introduction post in the forums before the tag is put on. (no need to spam away like some of us do... :roll:) In part, I picked this because of how I joined the community: Played on the server a month, was active in the forums a month, THEN asked if it was alright with the community if they were to see me running around with the tag on. Somebody said it was okay, so I never left! :D

minfootball
20th May 2007, 12:56 PM
:D i never said i had a problem with these people, and i have seen them on plenty of times before (i am on all the time i really have no set time i'm on) it just seemed to me a little odd that they throw the clr tag on without ever even saying a hello...(which is one of the things u need to do to wear a clr tag)

i do like the idea of earning the tag, maybe through a online quiz we can set up, or through admin observation, or as a community vote?
to be fair whatever we choose ill even go through it first to earn my clr status :2thumbs:

marvindecrain
20th May 2007, 04:35 PM
1 question :) may i put on {CLR} tag ...
i will be good and helpfull and sometimes useless... and i`m from Mars :D :?

Zurog
20th May 2007, 07:44 PM
I DON'T WEAR THE TAG BECAUSE PEOPLE WONT RECOGNIZE IMPENDING DOOM WITH IT ON.

Plus I don't fit the order, but the first part sounds better.

thedeadlyassassin
20th May 2007, 09:04 PM
Well, I voted for "should be granted" because that last option wasn't there. But I now vote for last option. I don't mind people wearing the tag but I'd appreciate it if they asked or introduced themselves.

thedeadlyassassin
20th May 2007, 09:06 PM
I have seen all three on and quite regularly. Some people only play for short times or at odd hours and this can make it difficult to recognize everyone. Just because someone does not post doesn't mean they aren't on the forums. There are a lot of people who lurk for a long time before they ever post. I was one and now you can not shut me up. :D
Apache

Can't shut me up either! Even on voip lol! When I first got a mic I yelled at my nephew while mashing the "B" button on bf2.

People were like "deadly wtf are you talking about?"

gti420
21st May 2007, 12:26 AM
I'm basically a lurker, I read it all

minfootball
21st May 2007, 01:52 AM
I'm basically a lurker, I read it all
which there is nothing wrong with this cause u did intoduce urself and u have been around a while and made a few posts :2thumbs:

Zurog
21st May 2007, 07:33 AM
I'll tell you what I've noticed: The clear superiority of cake over all other forms of baked goods.

DennisM7
21st May 2007, 07:54 AM
I'll tell you what I've noticed: The clear superiority of cake over all other forms of baked goods.

I dispute this i believe pie is much better :D

{CLR} Naillik
21st May 2007, 12:35 PM
Ok, the war between peanut butter cookies & pie vs. Zurog & his evil cupcake neglecting face is over.
I win :back:

Zurog
21st May 2007, 12:43 PM
Ok, the war between peanut butter cookies & pie vs. Zurog & his evil cupcake neglecting face is over.

I lol'd. We shall see.

{CLR} Naillik
21st May 2007, 12:44 PM
also...
Is my siggy annoying anyone?

Zurog
21st May 2007, 12:46 PM
Considering there are forum members who have ONE signature that size, not really.

darth_nevus
21st May 2007, 12:58 PM
sorry folks, but posting is not a requirement of wearing the tag. following the rules is.

its up to each and every one of us to determine when, and if we wear the tags. If you can abide by the rules, there is no minimum or maximum time period to wait. just because you don't wear the tags, doesn't mean you are part of the community. this isn't an exlusive club, everyone is welcome. and we welcome everyone.

Our community is a group of like minded individuals. we don't share all the same views, or opinions, or preferences. what we do share is the want and need to play great games, with great people, and enjoy being together.

i have played with folks who never post, but are very active in game, and stopped by long enough to read the rules set forth, and agreed to follow them.

I have spent alot of time talking to folks who don't play at all anymore, but love the conversations we have, and have great things to contribute.

A community is built by contribution of each and every one of us, no matter how big or small. how and what we choose to contribute is up to us. a tag is just a set of letters. but anyone who frequents us either here, or in game contributes to something to some extent, and makes our community. some like to post alot, some like to a little or not at all. what they choose to contribute is up to them. and if they feel they don't have anything to contribute in the forums, its fine with me, so long as the have read and understand the ideals set forth to us by cain in accordance with wearing the tags. by all means, contribute to the game instead!

The Tag's purpose is to let everyone know who we are, what we represent, and that this is our home. more over, it stands for Cain's Lair Regulars. we are all regualrs, and regualrily frequent either the forums or the games.

Remember, We are a community. Not a clan. As Cain once wrote, "We have all the benefits of a Clan, without any of the bull****. "

That my friends, is why we welcome everyone.

DennisM7
21st May 2007, 01:53 PM

i thought it was cake vs pie not peanut butter cookies geeze stay on topic
:twisted:

Rand{CLR}
21st May 2007, 02:24 PM
also...

Yes. It's too big, almost double the size it should be. I would suggest you pick one and just use that, and not have both of them.

-Rand

Rand{CLR}
21st May 2007, 02:29 PM
Apache

I may as well be a lurker now, given how much trouble I have getting into either server most of the time, and the fact that Titan is so laggy that when I do get in, I tend to leave within half an hour. :(

I say bring on better maps for Conquest, including some more balanced maps and some vehicle maps. And while we're at it, "where's the cake?"

-Rand

P.S. The quote above "where's the cake" is a great little sound bite from Abe Pollin, owner of the Washington Wizards, celebrating something or other. It's absolutely hilarious in its full context.

Zurog
21st May 2007, 02:52 PM
blah blah blah cake is really good blah blah.
Apache

I say bring on better maps for Conquest, including some more balanced maps and some vehicle maps And while we're at it, "where's the cake?"

-Rand

I'll tell you where it is, Duke; It's on top of Victory mountain singing about how great and moist and tasty and delicious it is.

minfootball
21st May 2007, 02:54 PM
blah blah blah cake is really good blah blah.
Apache

I say bring on better maps for Conquest, including some more balanced maps and some vehicle maps And while we're at it, "where's the cake?"

-Rand

I'll tell you where it is, Duke; It's on top of Victory mountain singing about how great and moist and tasty and delicious it is.

lol :D

{CLR} Naillik
21st May 2007, 03:49 PM
also...

Yes. It's too big, almost double the size it should be. I would suggest you pick one and just use that, and not have both of them.

-Rand
Ok, I'll only do Naillik :)

minfootball
22nd May 2007, 05:19 AM
sorry folks, but posting is not a requirement of wearing the tag. following the rules is.

its up to each and every one of us to determine when, and if we wear the tags. If you can abide by the rules, there is no minimum or maximum time period to wait. just because you don't wear the tags, doesn't mean you are part of the community. this isn't an exlusive club, everyone is welcome. and we welcome everyone.

Our community is a group of like minded individuals. we don't share all the same views, or opinions, or preferences. what we do share is the want and need to play great games, with great people, and enjoy being together.

i have played with folks who never post, but are very active in game, and stopped by long enough to read the rules set forth, and agreed to follow them.

I have spent alot of time talking to folks who don't play at all anymore, but love the conversations we have, and have great things to contribute.

A community is built by contribution of each and every one of us, no matter how big or small. how and what we choose to contribute is up to us. a tag is just a set of letters. but anyone who frequents us either here, or in game contributes to something to some extent, and makes our community. some like to post alot, some like to a little or not at all. what they choose to contribute is up to them. and if they feel they don't have anything to contribute in the forums, its fine with me, so long as the have read and understand the ideals set forth to us by cain in accordance with wearing the tags. by all means, contribute to the game instead!

The Tag's purpose is to let everyone know who we are, what we represent, and that this is our home. more over, it stands for Cain's Lair Regulars. we are all regualrs, and regualrily frequent either the forums or the games.

Remember, We are a community. Not a clan. As Cain once wrote, "We have all the benefits of a Clan, without any of the bull****. "

That my friends, is why we welcome everyone.

um actually posting is one of the things

5) Becoming our friend, and a frequent poster in our Forums, and hopefully a financial contributor to help keep our servers on-line

Storm_Shadow
22nd May 2007, 12:16 PM
um actually posting is one of the things

5) Becoming our friend, and a frequent poster in our Forums, and hopefully a financial contributor to help keep our servers on-line
This community has been a successful and growing entity with great game servers for quite some time now. It is so in large part because of the guidelines Cain put in place, and in the open way they have been implemented.

I have to agree with Darth here. It is preferable for people to be regular contributors to the forums, but it is not required. If it were, donations would ALSO be essentailly required, and quite frankly, not all are able to do that. We'd then become 'exclusive', at which time we might as well be a clan rather than an open and welcoming gaming community. There is a reason I am here...

sirchadawick
23rd May 2007, 01:35 AM
I cant post 4 everything there is 6 pages of reading and posting yto do. :)

Zurog
23rd May 2007, 02:23 AM
ARE YOU SERIOUSLY TRYING TO STEAL A STOLEN THREAD?!? I THINK NOT.

I just wrote a good post, it must now be negated with 15 posts of stupid stuff. :D