Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little blurb from PC Magazine

This made me chuckle:

"By now you?ve read our preview and watched the trailer. Trust us, Battlefield 3 is a PC game through and through. Tim was surrounded by intimidated faces when he settled down for yesterday?s hands on. Why? Because they?d never experienced the true sensitivity of WASD. They?d never popped a man?s head with the left mouse button."
    Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

I wish i could be at e3 i wanna see bf3, skyrim, and the playstation vita

Comment

Skyrim looks insanly awsome

Comment

I use the arrow keys.

but, yeah, I agree...last PS3 logon 2+ years ago, so my friends tell me.

Comment

haha, I have a unique twist on movement.

"edaf" are the controls I use. Then Q to spot. I still use wsad for the vehicles which gets confusing. I need to just use my wide control for movement.

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
            I use the arrow keys.

but, yeah, I agree...last PS3 logon 2+ years ago, so my friends tell me.
            You left handed by chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Devilguns View Post
              My son is and he uses the arrow keys.
              Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Devilguns View Post
                No. I use them because it's a clearer/more open area: less chance of hitting wrong keys with my manly hands . Knife, reload and nades are right above @ Del, End, Page Down...etc. It's the combo that's worked best for me.

Comment

Ok cool. I'm a lefty and I used to use the arrows, so I figured I'd ask. I don't even use a keyboard at all anymore.

Comment

No. I use them because it's a clearer/more open area: less chance of hitting wrong keys with my manly hands . Knife, reload and nades are right above @ Del, End, Page Down...etc. It's the combo that's worked best for me.
                    How do you deal with use/enter vehicles, prone, crouch, jump, etc?

-Rand
                    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
                      How do you deal with use/enter vehicles, prone, crouch, jump, etc?

-Rand
                      use vehicle is keypad 0, sprint is keypad 1, jump is across at right shift and crouch is Ctrl (and prone, for games that have it, I use side buttons on my G9)

They are all within reach but not easily confused/crossed. I have found this works best for me

Comment

i just forced and bound my hands to make them fit to the keyboard.

qwe
                        asd
                        zxc
                        plus a multitude of shift, alt, and ctrl key combos.

most FPS's have no ned for so many extras, but back in my Ultima Online days, those were all mad used for a ton of macros

hand just still fits for shooters

Comment

use vehicle is keypad 0, sprint is keypad 1, jump is across at right shift and crouch is Ctrl (and prone, for games that have it, I use side buttons on my G9)

They are all within reach but not easily confused/crossed. I have found this works best for me
                          Im confused lol j/k.... what ever works best.

Comment

If it works for you, that's great, but I find it harder and harder to keep the major keys in reach, and I already shift everything 1 space right to esdf for movement because I don't like how wasd feels.

Between crouch, prone, use, jump, map, spot/commo, 2-3 voip channels, 2-3 text channels, inventory, etc, it's getting real crowded.

-Rand
                            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
                              Between crouch, prone, use, jump, map, spot/commo, 2-3 voip channels, 2-3 text channels, inventory, etc, it's getting real crowded.

-Rand
                              Yeah, it's the crowded feel that made me move to the arrow keys, long, long ago...I has worked best for me. It's all second nature now, and I try to map the keys as close to this as possible for each new FPS I get.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X