Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Activision CEO Bobby Kotick wanted to play Battlefield 3 at E3 yesterday. EA say NO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Activision CEO Bobby Kotick wanted to play Battlefield 3 at E3 yesterday. EA say NO!

A senior informant has told CVG of how they witnessed Kotick's PA discuss Bobby's chances of a hands-on trial of the military FPS with EA reps on the door of the publisher's non-public presentation.

ROFL

I dont see why not? reading twitters, those DICE guys also play black ops and IW and Treyarch also play BC2

Anyway here is a little comment he made about BF3

Clip is shown 5:02

Kotick throws water on BF3s chances against MW3 | VG247

Comment

That guy really chaps my hide and is a small part of the reason that I will never buy a COD game again so this story make me laugh.
      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I wouldn't mind pimp slappin him a bit. He looks like a console kiddie anyway.

Good on EA.
        [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

EA 1 Activition 0

Comment

Since we are on Bobby, Anyone read he may buy Myspace of all things lol.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7586EW20110610

By Yinka Adegoke

NEW YORK | Thu Jun 9, 2011 8:24pm EDT

NEW YORK (Reuters) - An investor group including Activision Blizzard Chief Executive Officer Bobby Kotick is in final talks to take a controlling stake in News Corp's social network site Myspace, according to three people familiar with the matter.

Kotick's involvement is personal and nothing to do with Activision at this stage, the people said.

Kotick was approached by the investor group in recent weeks and has not yet made a full commitment to the Myspace project, one of the people said.

If he does get involved his stake is likely to be very small, two of the sources said.

Activision is best known for its 'Call of Duty' war game franchise.

There remain others in the race, according to the first person, but the Kotick group is now the favored bidder.

Under the terms of the discussions, News Corp would retain an equity stake, possibly of about 20 percent, one of the sources said.

News Corp, which paid $580 million for Myspace in 2005, had hoped to do a deal valuing Myspace at about $100 million, but sources said in April that it was unlikely to achieve that target.

Like Friendster, Myspace was a pioneer of the social networking space between 2005 and 2007, but it soon lost out to Facebook, now the market leader in social networking.

Last year News Corp relaunched Myspace as a social entertainment site with a focus on music, movies and celebrities.

Technology blog AllThingsDigital cited sources earlier on Kotick's interest.

(Reporting by Yinka Adegoke; Editing by Carol Bishopric)

Comment

Cool i stopped using myspace like 3-4 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by bobytt View Post
                Cool i stopped using myspace like 3-4 years ago
                im willing to put money that if he buys in myspace will have special connection to the COD series like videos and early unlocks

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin_Jack View Post
                  im willing to put money that if he buys in myspace will have special connection to the COD series like videos and early unlocks
                  I'm sure it will, but it say he may buy it personal, unless he can get some big tax write-off from buying that way and incorporate it some how to Activision. Some of these games already have facebook link for your gaming progress status.

Comment

Well, the PC audience is significantly smaller than Console. He didn't lie there. It just sounds disrespectful because I read it in Mr. Burn's voice.

Comment

“So far, I’ve only seen Battlefield 3 on a PC. I haven’t seen it on a console where the bulk of our business is,” Kotick told CNBC
                      “If it’s just a PC title, as it looks like today, that’s just a small audience to participate,” he added.
                      So by "throwing water" on BF3 he is not saying his product is better, but that it is marketed to a larger audience--console kiddies--and will therefore sell more copies, which is all he cares about. Hopefully the water he throws will wake a few more PCers up.

Comment

It's not only a bigger crowd but it's also an easier crowd to deal with so if he is comparing total $$ he may be correct but he is still an @$$.
                        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

“So far, I’ve only seen Battlefield 3 on a PC. I haven’t seen it on a console where the bulk of our business is,” Kotick told CNBC
                          See this is the problem with the man. He looks at dollar signs only. That in itself isnt all that bad, but him forgetting how he got this far is.

One other item. Just because the total gross sales is way up there or even more than the last release, doesnt equate to a good game. At one time it might have. But not in his companies case, not anymore.

I just cant understand why all these sheep cant see that all Activision is doing is making a few more new maps, renaming it, and charging $60 dollars for the content. Nothing has changed.. absolutely nothing. Same engine, same graphics, same gameplay, same campy campy, and same piss poor ported connection to IWnet. But I guess for the uninformed or simple minded , it seems all good.

Thats why Dice took so long to release this game. Lot of stuff changed.

And dont take small gross sales figures as an indication of how good any game is. You just have too many adolescents at home who dont have jobs and parents that will foot the bill for a 360 or a PS3 to babysit em and keep em occupied. Nothing more nothing less. But it puts the sales up there. Thing is, you dont have anybody at Activision who gives a crap about a good game. So you get what they spew out.Crap can make money, you just have to color it pretty.

Oh,and Bobby is an idiot.
                          EA ftw.
                          [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Small? SMALL?! What the hell is he thinking. I don't play World Of Warcraft, but over 2 million people play that game alone. WOW is a PC game. How the hell is he going to call the PC audience a small audience?

And yes, this dude is an idiot lol

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                            Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X