Having punkbuster problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having punkbuster problems

I keep getting kicked for ignoring MD5? And now I can't join for 5 minutes, what's with this?

MD5Tool

Starting in January of 2004, PunkBuster Server Admins have the option of using the new PB MD5Tool facility to check the digital signatures of files and/or portions of files in each player's game directory and child subdirectories during gameplay. This is useful, for example in Quake3 based games, to check for modified, replaced or additional pk3 files for cheats and/or exploits that have to this point not been detectable by PunkBuster. In Rainbow Six 3: Ravenshield, this facility can be used to check for modified or missing ambient sound files, etc.

The MD5 (Message Digest 5) algorithm was developed by Rivest and is (C)Copyright by RSA Data Security, Inc. PunkBuster extensions to MD5 are (C)Copyright by Even Balance, Inc. Source code for MD5 with PB extensions can be found on the links page of this website. PunkBuster uses 128-bit (32 hex character) MD5 strings to compare files on players' systems against parameters specified by server admins who choose to deploy PB's MD5Tool Facility on their server(s).

blah blah blah

Type in google and go PB MD5

Comment

My understanding is that your connection to pb was not good so it wasn't seeing a response to it's request for md5 check. If you repetitively get kicked for that, submit a ticket to EvenBalance(owners of pb). Five minutes is the timeout period set by server admins for how long you are kicked for.

Comment

SO an admin kicked me or something? It started working after 2 tries

Comment

Originally posted by thedeadlyassassin
          SO an admin kicked me or something? It started working after 2 tries
          Why would an admin kick you? Everyone knows who you are...
          We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

No, no no....the server.cfg sets the "time" which is handled by the server admins...in this case Cain; the kick is an automatic punkbuster kick. Default time is 5 minutes, some servers kick for longer time, some shorter. So you might go to another server, get the same error and be kicked for an hour. No person kicks you, punkbuster does. Your problem was more than likely a bad connection to punkbuster....darn internet :P

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
            Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
              by Apache Warrior
              6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
            • Reply to 6 years
              by Sirex
              I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
              Just hit 2.5K miles...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
            • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
              by Sirex
              Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
            • Reply to Hell Let Loose
              by Sirex
              Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
            • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
              by Sirex
              Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
            Working...
            X