Who wants fall of berlin gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who wants fall of berlin gone?

I'm sick of this map. The only way to get past the EU defenses is by roofing and pod surfing. That makes a lot of people mad when you do it and this map is just unfair anyways. I say we replace it with a better map.

And if you don't play CQ please don't vote.
    Yes
    50.00%
    NO
    50.00%

Put Suez Conquest in it's place. Full spectrum warfare maps rock.

Comment

I've always disliked this map since the first few times I played it. Suez Canal sounds like a fantastic replacement imo. Plenty of room to...ye know strategize.

Comment

Awe shucks guys, Fall of Berlin is a great knifing map..LOL. I am fine with using Suez Canal as a replacement. Last time I played conquest on Suez I got my butt handed to me... Excellent map though.

Comment

UMM... NO

One of the reason I got the game is to play FoB

I win *Most* of the time when I'm in the PAC team.

I dont' get why people hate it. ('could it be the spawn killing?')

Not to mention most of the time Rubix your in the EU team, against SOPEK!
          [IMG]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa291/SOPEK_/sopek01-1.png[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by sopek_
            I win *Most* of the time when I'm in the PAC team.
            That is why people hate it.

It seems to be one sided

Comment

joking
              you don't play conquest do you??

Everyone hates being the PAC team. its the green team that has only one FLAG.

*MOST* the eu team wins. <---thats is why people hate it.

Some how I always end up in the PAC and win IN FoB

SO,

It seems to be one sided
              Is not true at all...
              [IMG]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa291/SOPEK_/sopek01-1.png[/IMG]

Comment

Re: Who wants fall of berlin gone?

Originally posted by Rubixcube
                Now why would you want to limit your poll like this? Just for that, I won't vote in your poll...despite the fact that I hate Fall of Berlin, and one of the reasons WHY I don't play much of Cain's Conquest server is that I feel the inclusion of all the infantry-centric, EU-unbalanced maps makes for a poor rotation.

So, NO VOTE FOR YOU!

-Rand
                [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by sopek_
                  SO,

It seems to be one sided
                  Is not true at all...
                  Well, let's take a look at WHY that may be true:

Originally posted by sopek_'s post in the Pod Sliding Thread
                  I had trouble answering this thread. So let me say it briefly and straight the point: twisted:

Supposedly it was addressed in v1.20 in stairway to heaven.

This is an exploit that cannot be removed unless you remove the pod.

Does it break the balance of the map?

Not in the conquest mode. Especially in the three map we play. Rather
                  than being frustrated in fall of Berlin or Camp berlingart a person that can surf to the next flag and capture surely help balance the game.

I think everyones been in the PAC team were it seem you?re the only one doing work while everyone is running with their head cut off, around the crossroads.

One pod per person. Those few surfers can not take on the whole map by themselves. ?<--read between the lines. ?

The way I see it is
                  IF you can bunny hop SO can I.
                  So FoB is balanced....as long as you bypass the defenses of the enemy using a " special case" usage of the SL beacon pods. When people don't use it, primarily it IS an EU-biased slaughterfest.

I'm firmly in the "drop FoB from the rotation" camp. I've NEVER liked it, but for the most part tolerated it. I'm with you Rand, FoB is one of the reasons I don't frequent the CQ server

Comment

Re: Who wants fall of berlin gone?

Originally posted by Rand{CLR}
                    Originally posted by Rubixcube
                    So, NO VOTE FOR YOU!

-Rand
                    Yeah I'm really broken up about that....

And while you can pod surf we should get a map where you don't have to do that. More people would play.... Maybe more donations?....Tempting?...

Comment

one, sided slaughter match... nuff said.

Comment

I'd support Suez, maybe it wouldnt lag as bad as titan servers and I'd wander on back to playing occasionaly...
                        AND theres gunships on Suez!

Comment

Suez Canal as CQ is IMO awsome map... ful of tanks, gunships and walkers etc...
                          There is something for every1

Comment

You want an unfair, one sided map? Camp G should be the one getting removed.

On that map the only way to win is to hop in a jeep and run like hell behind enemy lines. If you can't get out of the starting point you are screwed.

FoB is tolerable because the sniping is still good no matter what side you are on. Rooftop sniping is pretty legit in my mind, but podding across the map is a no no.

Comment

Originally posted by Murder Simulator
                              FoB is tolerable because the sniping is still good no matter what side you are on. Rooftop sniping is pretty legit in my mind, but podding across the map is a no no.

Well not everyone likes to snipe

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X