Build my own or buy a Dell ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Build my own or buy a Dell ??

I have built my own PCs and servers for 11 years now.

should I build my own again, or buy Dell ???

1 word.

Build!

That is all.

Comment

build...
      [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Build Build Build............................................. .
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cain me and you talked about me getting another computer so me and my daughter can play everyone at the same time and I looked into Dell and I can build one cheaper and if not better so please build you one and you will be much more happy with it.

Comment

Dude!

as this was ambiguous let me add another word.....

BUILD
            [img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/CoD2/limeyfunny.jpg[/img]
            [img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/english911/admin.jpg[/img]
            [size=4][color=blue][url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url][/color][/size]

Comment

Originally posted by LIMEY
              Dude!

What?

Comment

My bad I corrected the statement to sound better. I can't type how I feel.

Comment

If it was a desktop or full server case build. If it's a rack mountable server than buy. Dell and Supermicro do some decent pizza boxes.

Comment

Cain,

I have done both. As you know I built my son's box with all the trimmings, quad core, dual 8800's, raptor drives. Fun - but lots of tweaking, the EVGA 680i mobo had all kinds of issues and actually right now a year later they are offering to swap those mobos (expensive top end boards) for the new 780i since there have been soooo many complaints.

I also own several Dells including my XPS 720 gaming rig. With a Dell factory overclocked quad core, dual 8800's and dual raptor drives in RAID.

Dell may cost more, but believe me, when my computer died a few months back they shipped me a brand new one. and my old one was almost two years old.

I am happy with both, depends on how much time and effort you want to put in and how much the extra dollars are going to hurt.

My two cents.

Comment

Build you will save a hell of alot of Cash

Comment

No offense to anyone who owns a Dell, even though I have one, but Cain if you buy a Dell, I will jump out of your monitor and strangle you...JK

I do not like Dell, because unless you buy the really expensive XPS systems, you will have a problem upgrading the PSU because they use a proprietary system, which is a pain in the ass especially if your current PSU does not have enough power to support an new graphics card. I just lucky and found one that fit. If you are willing to spend more money for a Dell, then thats good, just be careful what you get. Make sure that the PSU will never need to be upgraded if you do go for a Dell.
                        We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

Build it...

[IMG]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/radarsig1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

IMO time IS money so if i had extra time i would build but if i had the money i would buy.Pre OC'ed and no htermal grease all over the place.

Comment

If you build it....it will come.

BUILD!!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X