installed mah new
    ram:
    http://www.newegg.com/product/produc...82E16820211066
    BRINGIN MEH TO 4 GIGS!

CPU COOLA!
    http://www.newegg.com/product/produc...82E16835118004

GPUCOOLER!!\

http://www.newegg.com/product/produc...82E16835186016

this setup now officially kicks ass, its quieter and cooler (hopefully 0_0)
    it was an epic battle during installing the zalman, because the oriinal AMD heatsink was permanantly cheezeburgered to the processor.... i had to nearly rip it out and pry them apart with a razor knife.....

the GPU cooler was a delicate setup, as the ram sinks are not %100 secure (i am sure burnin will make them )

unfortunately i dont i have camera... no pics

How does that GPU cooler work? Never seen anything like that before...
    We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

a giant heatsink ( i also bought the optional 2 x 80mm fans, silent!!) basically, does a great job. uses 4 copper pipes to tranfer the heat to the fins ,which is carried away by passing air.

i will say.. the heatsink is bigger than the video card... and i have an x1950xt. this thing used to run about, oh, 55 C average... what i get now, IDK. i uninstalled ATI tool a few days ago. must.. reinstall!

Comment

Originally posted by imlittlev
        a giant heatsink ( i also bought the optional 2 x 80mm fans, silent!!) basically, does a great job. uses 4 copper pipes to tranfer the heat to the fins ,which is carried away by passing air.

i will say.. the heatsink is bigger than the video card... and i have an x1950xt. this thing used to run about, oh, 55 C average... what i get now, IDK. i uninstalled ATI tool a few days ago. must.. reinstall!
        Any improvement performance wise?

Comment

no more lockups from overheating video cards, ill bet !

i had serious video card overheating issues during the summer.

i am now ready for summertime blitzkrieg (of gaming)
          and if you consider the noisiness of the computer part of performance, then yes, its better! besides the CPU cooler has a nice green LED.... actually kinda goes will in my case!

perhaps this will assist any overclocking i might undetake, but for now, i am comfortable withstock settings.

*edit* the 4 gigs of ram isnt exceptionally faster, at least at the desktop. i havent even played any games, and i cant until tomorrow causei am going to bed soon. however, 4 gigs prepares me for vista 64 bit. and the future, in general.

Comment

Zalman coolers are HUGE.
            It is the big red thing sitting on top of my CPU.
            ??Click me to donate??

Comment

RAM upgrades are always a bit disappointing. You boot up the PC after having added another two gigs, then wonder why the PC isn't snappier, while you sit staring at your desktop in hopes that the bootup time would be cut by 3 seconds.
              The only time you will ever notice the RAM increase is typically a map loading pause at the beginning of the game. I remember the BF2/2142 games were notorious for those slow load times at the start of a map change, so that will be where you would notice the difference.

Like you mentioned, you are ready for Vista 64 bit, so I did the same thing ... buy RAM now when its cheap so that if the price spikes you really could care less. Ohh, and that GPU cooler .. I assume you won't be going SLI with that setup.
              Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Yep, I put in 4gig of quality Corsair ram when I built my rig.
                AND put in XP Pro AND Vista 64.

I'm ready for anything now.

Wanted enough goodies in it that I wouldn't have to upgrade for awhile.

Since this is so much better everything compared to my old rig, I couldn't
                tell you the difference that an added 2 gig brought to the table.

I checked a friends computer when they were
                having trouble with lockups and such. Vista 32 was taking up a HUGE
                amount of Ram, and he had several programs sniffing the web and his
                computer, so he basically had no swap space left. Killed off some things,
                and he IS running better, but with only 1 gig of ram, he was severely
                crunched.

Just can't go wrong with 4 gig.
                ??Click me to donate??

Comment

it took all of my strength to attach the zalman cooler, and I am not built , but certainly not week considering I work out every school morning. anyhow, it was such a fiasco to put in, i had to take out the PSU for more working room

Comment

Originally posted by Dead_And_Gone
                    Zalman coolers are HUGE.
                    It is the big red thing sitting on top of my CPU.
                    your cabling is really, really messy

Comment

Thats corsair's fault. in their effort to clean up cable clutter by providing thin single strand cables, they made it worse. those things are SOOOOO inflexible, and a HUGE pain to cleain up and nothing really wraps around the flat cables.

Comment

You need to get a camera to show us the new stuff in your rig!!!

Comment

Originally posted by darth_nevus
                          Thats corsair's fault. in their effort to clean up cable clutter by providing thin single strand cables, they made it worse. those things are SOOOOO inflexible, and a HUGE pain to cleain up and nothing really wraps around the flat cables.
                          Not in my PC. 100% tidy. D&G just did a bad job. :P

Comment

Hey now, easy on the man's cabling; I've seen worse, and it looks like he has good enough airflow where it matters.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisElfRocksHard
                              Hey now, easy on the man's cabling; I've seen worse, and it looks like he has good enough airflow where it matters.
                              i bet you its not worse than this:

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X