Orthos ie Prime fails after 15 min

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orthos ie Prime fails after 15 min

While it doesn't fail everytime, I just ran Orthos with my NON-OCed AMD6000 and it failed after 16 minutes! LOL!

I have no OC, but the RAM is running timings specified by the manufacturer (NOT SPD)

Would that have anything to do with it? All my apps work fine I've had no crashes of any sort....
    [IMG]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/radarsig1-1.jpg[/IMG]

That is quite odd. It's detecting some instability somewhere. Especially as it falls over so soon.

Comment

yeah I don't know what to think....

I built it myself, though not my first build... Everything is connected, PSU is 520w. The mobo isnt giving me any error codes (I have a little LED on the mobo), My RAM timings, which I just checked are bumped up from what the mobo set it, but what Corsair stated it should run at, and I bumped up the RAM voltage to 2.1, also what Corsair said to run. That may be it though...
      [IMG]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/radarsig1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

I bumped up the RAM voltage to 2.1
        Thats what I would have suggested. Have you loaded the AMD dual core optimizer yet ??
        Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Run memtest86 overnight with your ram at its current settings. if it errors out, try putting it back to SPD, and re run it. if both still give you errors, the ram probably is dead/dying.

If nothing there produces errors, check the temps. chances are its just the mobo doesn't like the more aggresive timings, and bios updates usually rectify that.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
          Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X