Anyone downloaded any skins for COD4 ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone downloaded any skins for COD4 ??

Thinking about DL'in some but I am not sure yet as to whether it will cause a PB problem.

Here is the ones I am looking at.

http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/35284

http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/35339

This one looks cool as well but I dunno if I really like it. The Marpat woodland has really got ahold of me atm.

http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/33639

curious as if it will cause problems with PB as well.

Comment

I wouldnt be downloading any skins if they are not from official mods.

Comment

Originally posted by strYker555
        I wouldnt be downloading any skins if they are not from official mods.

thats not the case with skins.... I am just worried about a conflict with PB.

Comment

Thats a good question. If anyone knows the answer let me know as well.

If you get kicked by PB are you kicked for good or could you get back in if you fix things? Im tempted to try getting them, and if im kicked ill just get rid of them. Would I be able to get back in if I got rid of them?
          [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/Mobojo/Sigs/Sig2.jpg[/img]

Comment

Well I wont take the risk, thats for sure. But! These skins look like SP mode skins and not for multiplayer. If so then they might not show up in MP games and PB wont ban u for skins. Still I aint taking any chances.

Comment

ok so i was doing some researching on this matter and i think i found an answer on the comments of fpsbanna.com

Posted by Sh1fty

A question.

Do these skins work in unpure servers?

Thanks to some smartass from the community, who reported that we could use skins on ranked (thus all servers), they "fixed" and won't allow us anymore to run these skins on pure, ranked servers.

I'm pretty pissed about that... it ruined a part of the game for me (customising gives the game an extra dimension and extra replay value... it's one of the only reasons I've bought and play CSS... to customise it!)

ALSO,
              BANANITE posted:

Sadly not now after update 1.3, it was great before .

IDK if this means no for all skins or just this one, but i think it's safe to assume it means all of them. THis is where i found the comments(on the right are comments)

http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/34237

Comment

Think about it. If you could skin players, you could make all the players neon orange or pink or something that would make them stand out from the background making it easy for you to kill them.

Comment

well the skins wouldn't really be for other players. it would just change the skin on you.

Comment

Originally posted by nikaios
                    Think about it. If you could skin players, you could make all the players neon orange or pink or something that would make them stand out from the background making it easy for you to kill them.

Yeah you can but it also makes it very hard to identify certain body areas. I have done a lot of skinning in CS:S and DoD:S, I am just not sure about COD4 due to PB. I have never skinned a game with PB before. I am not sure how it will react and like said above. The more I look at these the more I think it is SP.

Comment

Originally posted by nikaios
                      shades of tribes 2. orange turrets anyone?

Comment

Santa Hats for the Holidays .... CLassic !!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                        Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X