• Show
Clear All

Battlefield 3 Player Reaction

they talk to much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUyIIIKta44

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiCNdEYCtgs

ahhhhh ... i want to shoot something now. lol

Comment

Only 17mins? You'd have to drag me away kicking and screaming.

Comment

they imported bouncers from NYC for that.

Though the bouncers in Koln are pretty bad ass. A gypsy group stabbed one and the others went out after the. Somehow 7 gypsy's were in the hosiptal the next day.

Comment

We are all GEEKS !!

Comment

Ok i always have this arguement with my friend.. what is a geek and what is a dork?

To me a geek is someone who specializes in one field ie. star wars or star trek.
            A dork is someone who has only general knowledge, kinda like a handyman.

ok flame away...

Comment

I self identify more with dork than with geek. You're on the right track in the difference but a dork may have more specialized knowledge in more than one field. They won't match a geek in the chosen field but they'll outperform anyone else in a battle of skills.

-Rand
              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
                I self identify more with dork than with geek. You're on the right track in the difference but a dork may have more specialized knowledge in more than one field. They won't match a geek in the chosen field but they'll outperform anyone else in a battle of skills.

-Rand
                I agree rand. I always put myself as a dork. For some reason like the idea of a handyman style of knowing things. The down side is you usually learn enough to get your ass in real trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                  Ok i always have this arguement with my friend.. what is a geek and what is a dork?

To me a geek is someone who specializes in one field ie. star wars or star trek.
                  A dork is someone who has only general knowledge, kinda like a handyman.

ok flame away...
                  Geeks bite the heads off of chickens in circuses. It's a case where a particular group turns a pejorative into an adulation.

The other obvious case of turning bad words into cool words is the rap industry. However, I'm no rap aficionado. I tend to believe rap begins with a silent C.

I don't believe geeks are fascinated with one field. Common usage seems to be applying the moniker to anyone adept in anything technology.

You can probably gauge the accuracy of the geek label by evaluating the technical prowess of the one applying it. For instance, my Mom has no technical prowess. If you were to do something advance, like "set the clock" on her computer, she would probably label you a "geek". However, the adulation of my mother does not make her statement true. Setting a computer's clock is not really a "geeky" endeavor.

Now, if someone with more technical prowess, such as John Carmack (programmer of Doom, Quake, id tech) were to say, "you're a geek" I'd be much more inclined to say you were a "true" geek.

So, to sum it up, geek is a relative term that may not have any applicability what so ever. It seems to depend solely on the geek-level of the person applying the moniker.

After reviewing this post, I dare say it is geeky in nature. However, it only relates to common usage. Other usages such as "english geek" imply the specialization mentioned above.

Finally, I believe dork to certainly be a pejorative. It's a label I apply to people I dislike or find irritable. (For the record, I don't know many dorks )

Comment

That guy is a hacker lol

Comment

Too many "NERDS" in here talking about meaning of geek and dork.

Comment

Originally posted by Caddys83 View Post
                        Too many "NERDS" in here talking about meaning of geek and dork.

Jaspurr

[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/jaspurr.jpg[/img]

Comment

I have a photo of me talking to John Carmack.

Comment

You,sir are a geek by association.

Comment

I prefer "High Tech Redneck"

Funny thing about that name. That used to be my nickname in certain circles I frequented. Kind of a shady crowd. When they found out I built my own systems, well, thus the name.
                              [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X