Cain's BF3 Beta News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cain's BF3 Beta News

OK folks, I assume all or most of you will be actively participating in the upcoming Battlefield 3 Beta... I suspect once the Beta starts our old BC2 server will go empty and stay that way - but such is progress.

It is possible the BETA may start within the next couple of weeks....

Nothing has been announced yet tho. If I were a betting man I'd bet for mid-September to give them time to make adjustments to the final game, based on what they see in the BETA, and what players whinge about the most!

Just between us girls, our server host will also be running BF3 beta servers...

We will not be allowed to have a Cain's branded beta server (like we had for 2142) however we can all flock/cluster/play on the same BETA Server at the same place our real server will be hosted. We will discuss this when the time comes.

I also believe we can spam the heck out of that Beta server to drive traffic to our forums and recruit new CLRs... Remember folks the more CLRs the busier our servers will be and the more friends we make.

Also, most of you know we are upgrading the Forums here, and we will have that completed by the time BF3 ships, and hopefully sooner. You will not lose your post counts and the transition should be seamless for most of you.

Did you notice earlier I said "servers"??? I plan to start with at least two servers when the game ships, maybe more.

So, any questions for me ??

Yeah. Do we have go to anywhere to sign up for the beta if we haven't pre-ordered via Origin?

-Rand
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Nope, it will be open to anyone and everyone 48 hours after we start playing it.

Comment

Beta will be open to all? or are you talking about if you pre-ordered somewhere else?

No questions ... Just alot of

Comment

Beta will be open to everyone from what I understand....

Some folks will get into the Beta two days early tho (which will seem like an eternity to everyone else)...

Comment

hmm... in that case I have a coworker who will be interested and I will try to get onto cains lair.

Comment

Comment

Thanks a bunch

Comment

Does beta give us a head start in rank? Just thought I would ask but probably not.
                  We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

Origin preorder will get u 48hrs headstart before the non origin preorders.

in 48hrs u can get ALOT of unlocks :]

Comment

If it is like BF2 everyone starts over with the official release.
                      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

ooogg... i'm not really sure if i want to origin preorder... thats a HUGE download.

Comment

I'll be all over this if it happens.
                          Nauticas

Comment

I'll be in the "early" beta. Can't wait!

Comment

You'll see me post 48hours. There's no way i'm paying Origin prices.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X