During the great outage of 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

During the great outage of 2011

I had a lot of back and forth with our GSP Trinity about our BF3 server...

Long story short we will start out with at least two BF3 servers, one in DCA one in DAL.

Both 64 player, perhaps one base and one HC. We will see which one stays busiest. Usually for the first few weeks or months of a game keeping is busy is not difficult.

More later.

He also told me little things about the Beta including that is will NOT start tomorrow.

The 27th is what ive been hearing for the Beta. Its like waiting for Christmas!
    Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

That rumor is spreading pretty aggressively...

You saw that tweet Golden sent me with the link for the source of that rumor, right?

Comment

For the love of everything that is holy, Dallas = vanilla.

I am SICK of playing HC. It's for girls.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
          I had a lot of back and forth with our GSP Trinity about our BF3 server...

Long story short we will start out with at least two BF3 servers, one in DCA one in DAL.

Both 64 player, perhaps one base and one HC. We will see which one stays busiest. Usually for the first few weeks or months of a game keeping is busy is not difficult.

More later.

He also told me little things about the Beta including that is will NOT start tomorrow.
          what is HC? sorry its been a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
            That rumor is spreading pretty aggressively...

You saw that tweet Golden sent me with the link for the source of that rumor, right?
            I wonder sometimes how true it will be...

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post

LOL....

You probably know I really miss the teamplay aspects of the base game, that get removed in HC. Also, I have always felt that HC which is a COD mode has no business in a BF game...

HC definitely appeals to folks who keep a close eye on their K/D and stats.

My next "great decision" is which server will be vanilla and which one will be HC.

Comment

I hated HC for a long time until they tweaked the weapons so that everyone didn't 1 shot kill clipping someones toe. I like to play a mix of both now as I do enjoy spotting enemies and the like but on our BC2 server, spotting isn't all that effective because of the player count and maps we play.

Now with the bigger open BF2 style maps, spotting is awesome. I can't tell you how many times I'd go chase down a plane or a tank in the distance because it was spotted on a map.

Cain, thanks for all the great BF3 info. I'm getting excited.
                Nauticas

Comment

Me too !!

Comment

No, it's not for gurls. But what it does is ,is that it keeps you from runnin up on someone while they are trying to kill you and you knife em while they empty half a mag without killin you. Thats all. HC doesnt allow you to do that.

I know what your angle is.
                    [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

I'm still a fan of HC. I don't like emptying fulls clips into someone and they keep coming. I want to know that if I shoot first, I win, not who can empty a magazine fastest.
                      A change of Pace.
                      "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

I am betting that everyone that likes HC has not played BF3 HC. In the alpha, it took 2-3 shots to bring anyone down. HC is going to be what? Half a shot?

Comment

r

Comment

so they need to just make HC a no spotting mode then in bf3 and let it RIDE baby

Comment

I am betting that everyone that likes HC has not played BF3 HC. In the alpha, it took 2-3 shots to bring anyone down. HC is going to be what? Half a shot?
                              True, folks died pretty quickly in the BF3 Alpha.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X