Team Damage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Team Damage?

This is a poll to see who prefers team damage on as to team damage off. I personally can play on both
    On
    0%
    Off
    0%
    Dont know dont care (im an ***!!!!!!!!!!!)
    0%

The number 1 thing that players hate and consider asshatting is teamkilling.

Ive been called everything from noob to ...umm lets just say some really colorful words just for tk`ing by accident (and im a admin, but that didnt stop people from name calling). But tk`s lead to revenge tk`s.
    In bf2 tk`ing for vehicles was unbelievable.
    Then you have the force tk`s to try and get people kicked for getting a vehicle.

I dont think any rule we have ever had has impacted so many players as when ff was on. It seemed to bring out the worst in people.

Im just mentioning it as a example of how it effects players. Because a lot of times its easy to see 1 issue and see a fix. But not see the bigger picture that is effected by that fix.

One of the best things in 2142 that people loved about it was the fact you could pretty much do away with teamkilling by turning off FF.

Im sure any engy from the bf2 days has war stories of placing a mine and a jeep full of people go riding over it 2 secs after you drop it. Everyone punishs you for tk`ing and you get kicked.

Comment

i think it should be 25% on

Comment

Seems like ppl like Team Damage off. And who voted for Dont know dont care (im an ***)??

Comment

I like to have team damage on. It raises the bar for the game and makes it a bit more challenging because you have to think before you shoot. the TKing part is a bit of a problem as far as admining goes. THE best option I have seen for team damage was in COD2 (I think) where there was reflect damage. If you shot a friendly he would not be damaged but instead you would receive the damage. No TKs but you still had the challenge of thinking before shooting.
          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Now thats an interesting FF. That would reduce more accidental TKs and purpose TKs.

I like Team damage on because its more realistic. Some servers I play on have cheap guys who demopak everyone around them...

They jump into our bases and blow us up...

Comment

What game was it that had team damage or team kills mirrored back? If you TK'd, you died as well, and the same if you took someone's health or shot their vehicle. I'd like to have that again.

Comment

Now THAT would be a great addition to the game.
                The new BF2 Project Reality mod really cuts down on asshat behavior. They put alot of thought into it, and came out with a great product.

I like FF=On personally, just because it cuts down on indescriminate nade spamming, and incidently the RDX bunny hoppers that I hate with a passion. People have to actually verify the target and the surrounding area for friendlies. It also cuts down on the super duper guys that are head shooting people one after another through a crowded scrum.

Being old, I have accidently hit the punish instead of forgive when I've been TK'd by accident. You see someone totally out of control, killing their own teammates directly or indirctly, and they Should be punished.
                And yes, I've seen people jump in front of a tank, apc, gunship, etc., just so that you would be punished for a TK, and hopefully kicked from the server. It isn't nearly as bad on 2142 as I've heard it being done on BF2 vanilla.
                ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                  by Apache Warrior
                  6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                • Reply to 6 years
                  by Sirex
                  I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                  Just hit 2.5K miles...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                  by Sirex
                  Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                  by Sirex
                  Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                  by Sirex
                  Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                Working...
                X