Nothing is more exciting to Gamers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing is more exciting to Gamers

Than the first days of a long awaited new game !!

No kidding. I have a big smile on my face right now because I know I will be playing the beta tomorrow. Lets all just hope that EAs servers are ready for this lol

Comment

Originally posted by slice View Post
      No kidding. I have a big smile on my face right now because I know I will be playing the beta tomorrow. Lets all just hope that EAs servers are ready for this lol
      Actually we will be playing on every GSP that will be running servers, so we can test them all out..

Comment

Did anyone who pre ordered through Amazon get their beta invite yet?
        [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Comment

my only hope is that I dont get the same problem I had with the Alpha. I could only finish about 1 of 3 games I played. It kept locking up.

Now I know its was an Alpha then. Mainly hardware and engine stress testing and squashing the really game breaking bugs, but oddly enough I didnt come across a lot of people who had this issue.

Comment

You guys are more excited for the Beta than the real game. It's actually quite fascinating to watch.

-Rand
              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
                You guys are more excited for the Beta than the real game. It's actually quite fascinating to watch.

-Rand
                +1
                Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post

-Rand
                  Think its mostly because we have more of a chance to improve the game, also will give us a heads up on how the game play is going to be during the final release.

Kinda makes me wonder though if they are going to reset the experience after the beta. I know they do that typically during closed, but open sometimes they let it slide (at least they did with play4free)

Comment

Originally posted by Smoking View Post
                    Think its mostly because we have more of a chance to improve the game, also will give us a heads up on how the game play is going to be during the final release.

Kinda makes me wonder though if they are going to reset the experience after the beta. I know they do that typically during closed, but open sometimes they let it slide (at least they did with play4free)
                    yes. they will reset the ranks when it goes retail.
                    it was stated in zh1nto's twitter and EA AUS twitter feed.

Comment

its all good for me becuase when it goes live ...OMFG JETS TANKS ...GET TO THE CHOPPA

Comment

The main reason why I sort of hate Betas is that I have yet to see the Beta experience improve the release game.

This time around it may even be worse because of the timing. This game is due in less than a month. That means they are either pressing their retail discs NOW, or will be within the next week, to make release with sufficient copies.

So I don't think you're looking at a Beta that is meant to improve the game before release (which is what they are supposed to do). I think you're looking at a Beta that, at best, leads to some early patching. Just doesn't seem ideal to me.

-Rand

Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

The main reason why I sort of hate Betas is that I have yet to see the Beta experience improve the release game.

This time around it may even be worse because of the timing. This game is due in less than a month. That means they are either pressing their retail discs NOW, or will be within the next week, to make release with sufficient copies.

So I don't think you're looking at a Beta that is meant to improve the game before release (which is what they are supposed to do). I think you're looking at a Beta that, at best, leads to some early patching. Just doesn't seem ideal to me.

-Rand

P.S. Another advantage of the Gulf of Oman experience for BF 2. We had plenty of time with that before full release. Not to mention since it included most types of vehicles it allowed players to playtest the balance. We won't know anything about balance/imbalance for vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-infantry combat until full release.

Comment

Hopefully the jets for each team are at least balanced against one another... I still shudder when I think of trying to pilot those BF2 US jets vs the PLA's jets.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                            Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X