first problem....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first problem....

getting this error and i can't find anything to fix it....

Error: The VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue. (1603)

it won't even let me install the game because of this... can't unistall it because I haven't installed it and can't figure out how to re-download it.

Anyone know how he can fix this ??

Comment

I removed the download and re-downloaded it.... same thing....

Comment

Try seeing if there is any C++ 2005/2008 updates via windowsupdate.

edit: After looking around a bit more it would appear a lot of people have had this issue on various other games. One thing keeps cropping up, however i have no way of checking this, is an edit to a ini file.

Someone trying to install the BC2 beta.

Unzip the file to your desktop,go to support/localization.ini and replace installvc8redist=1 with installvc8redist=0,it will NOT install the VC++ redist and thus will install. Update your vc++ manually if needed.
        And again but for Mass Effect 2.

figured out. in case anyone else has this problem, you can go this file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Mass Effect™ 2\__Installer\DISK1\docs\localization

go to the line:

installvcredist=1

change the 1 to 0. worked great.

See if you can find that file anywhere after the Beta is downloaded.

Comment

Thx Juneau.... Anyone else can help him...

Stand by I'll check the Beta Forums... One sec..

Comment

If you try anything in my above post make sure you do the windowsupdate.

The beta installer sounds like it's looking for some C++ files that are not present on your HDD.

Comment

Jeeze I looked at the bugs for the last, what 15 minutes and I am only back through the last half hour!

Comment

here my log

Code:
                22:32:35  Install Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3 Open Beta\
                22:32:35  Install Locale: locale:bar19442@gmail.com:;71171
                22:32:35  Initialized installation config.
                22:32:35  CommandLine: install -locale locale:bar19442@gmail.com:;71171 -installPath "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3 Open Beta\" -autologging
                22:32:35  OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition
                22:32:35  Data reader initialized.
                22:32:35  Data reader config: LOCALE = locale:bar19442@gmail.com:;71171
                22:32:35  Data reader config: INSTALL_LOCATION = C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3 Open Beta\
                22:32:35  Data reader config: INSTALL_LOCATION_DOUBLE_BACKSLASH = C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3 Open Beta
                22:32:35  Data reader config: 32BIT = 0
                22:32:35  Data reader config: 64BIT = 1
                22:32:35  Processing EAIN file 'C:\PROGRA~2\ORIGIN~1\BATTLE~1\__INST~1\Touchup.dat'.
                22:32:35  (Config)Updating locale to: en_US
                22:32:35  Installation registry missing.  Game not yet installed.
                22:32:35  (Config)Studio: EA Games
                22:32:35  (Config)Game Name: BF3 Beta
                22:32:35  (Config)Display Game Name: Battlefield 3â„¢ Open Beta
                22:32:35  Start redistributables install phase
                22:32:35  Installing DirectX
                22:32:35  Launching process:
                    Command: C:\PROGRA~2\ORIGIN~1\BATTLE~1\__INST~1\directx\redist\dxsetup.exe /silent
                    Working directory: C:\PROGRA~2\ORIGIN~1\BATTLE~1\__INST~1\directx\redist\
                22:33:34  Process exited with exit code 0.
                22:33:34  Successfully installed DirectX runtime.
                22:33:34  Installing x86 VC runtime:vc\vc2008sp1\redist\vcredist_x86.exe
                22:33:34  Launching process:
                    Command: C:\PROGRA~2\ORIGIN~1\BATTLE~1\__INST~1\vc\vc2008sp1\redist\vcredist_x86.exe /q /norestart
                    Working directory: C:\PROGRA~2\ORIGIN~1\BATTLE~1\__INST~1\vc\vc2008sp1\redist\
                22:33:54  Process exited with exit code 1603.
                22:33:54  Error installing x86 VC runtime.
                22:33:58  Installer finished with exit code: 1
                22:33:58  Shutting down data reader.

22:33:58  Stopping install logging

Comment

I also can't get these to update through windows updater or manually undating them

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Update for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64-based Systems (KB982526)

Security Update for .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64-based Systems (KB2446709)

Security Update for .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64-based Systems (KB2478661)

Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB971033)

Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB97609

They just keep failing.....

Comment

Do you have SP1?

Comment

Originally posted by (DSP)-Bar View Post
                      I also can't get these to update through windows updater or manually undating them

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Update for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64-based Systems (KB982526)

Security Update for .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64-based Systems (KB2446709)

Security Update for .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64-based Systems (KB2478661)

Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB971033)

Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB97609

They just keep failing.....
                      What error code if any do you get from these?

And i echo what Cain said.

Comment

I had all those updated automatically I believe. You running Win7 I presume. If so the C++ stuff 2005,2008,and 2010 were all in an update so get those and you should be ok. I think SP1 has all the right stuff you need. Not exactly sure where you are on all of that. But that is probably what's happening.

On second thought the C++ 2010 wasnt done but 2 months ago so may have not been included in SP1
                        [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Try installing this first? http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...s.aspx?id=5582

Comment

Just spent ... ohhh, what ... damn near an hour ?? .. and STILL cannot join a server !!

First mess was the Origin password bug still was not fixed to allow special characters which I used to create my account.

Simple enough, eh ?? I change my password !! Did that, yep, I changed it to F@*kEA (note that my use of special charactes was only in keeping with non-swearing tradition here on the Lair, I did not actually USE those 'special characters'. *ahem*

OK, password changed (heh) so I then launch the game ... browser ??
                            What in the hell .... ?? Fine, EA .. just fine.
                            Flash blocked ??
                            What ?? Ohh, Adblock Plus is on ... disable for this webpage.
                            Restart browser and reload
                            Flash is blocked for this webpage. The hell X2 ???
                            Ohh, Flashblock is turned on.
                            Restart browser and reload
                            Flash is still ... screw it, I do not CARE that Flash is still blocked !!! OK, there's 100 servers ... find one with a spot and click 'JOIN SERVER'

nothing ...

click again on another server

nothing ...

click again on another server

nothing

It would appear that I really am not meant to play any games that CLR are currently playing. Its been a frustrating experience, and rather than try and fix it I am going to call it a day and go watch football. Yanno, I've been doing this PC repair/IT gig for 20+ years now, and at some point PC gaming seems to have gotten a lot harder to enjoy. Yea, I remember boot disks and trying to free up that extra 15k of RAM to get your audio working in a game, but these days with DRM and in-game browsers, I feel like I'm being asked to jump through hoops, play dead, roll over and make my leg go when you rub my tummy.
                            Why is it so damned difficult to play a freakin' game ??? Its not like I don't know what I'm doing here, I spent 2 days this weekend building a new beast of a rig and here I can't even join a game to make this craptastic frontend for a game work.

Count me pissed off and very burned out on PC gaming right at this moment.
                            Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Joining a server can be a PITA, you're almost there so just keep trying. It's a hell of a lot safer then riding that ATV you were riding around in lat year.

I had many crashes and they seem to be relate to my use of precession software, maybe something is running on your rig that could be causing an issue.

Good luck, see you in game soon WT.
                              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X