BETA Day 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BETA Day 1

What are your first impressions from beta? I personally see a lot of improvement needed because the games seems very glitchy. But overall I had a pretty good time gaming tonight. If beta was a huge improvement over alpha then I hope the final version will be even better. I would have also liked to have seen some vehicles but I guess that will have to wait.
    We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

What is strange is that they had an APC in the Alpha.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS ...GRAFIX= WOW
      GAME PLAY = W()()T
      and team play is the best as AWLAAYS...witch is what makes BF the best ever FPS IN THE WORLD
      i have a crappy old 260 gtx video card and let me tell you it worked just fine...i love this game i hope they take there time and final product gomes out perfection like bf2 was solid gold befor this one ...i know bf3 will do the same

Comment

I crash every (Exactly to the second) 15 minutes. However I have enjoyed every minute of it. Very good game. Snipers take 3 shots from far away, that's why no one is complaining. Pistols aren't useless. I bet I'll have the same crashing issue when the final product comes out, sadly. The only thing I hate about this game is the battlelog. It's quite stupid to not have a real ingame browser. Battlelog is absolute rubbish.

Comment

Phan, have you updated to the latest video drivers? If you have an Nvidia Card the beta drivers are optimized for BF3. I have them and they work great no issues.
          One change I hope they make when the game goes live is the ability to choose your squad. Why the beta does not have the ability to choose which squad you want to play in is beyond me.
          A minor complaint is when you scroll to throw out a medic bag you do not return to your last used weapon. You still have a medic bag in your hands. And the flashlight will blind you. I can see this becoming an asshat trick for team mates like door blocking was in DOD.
          I wish they had picked a different map for the beta. Gulf of Oman was a great choice for BF2. It was a great mix of terrain and vehicles.
          Overall I like the game and just hope they fix the bugs. In some places outside, when you are prone, you are under the map.
          Apache

I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

How are the squads functioning? Spotting? I'll be in tomorrow, but until then, how close to BF2 is this thing trending?

-Rand
            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
              I crash every (Exactly to the second) 15 minutes. However I have enjoyed every minute of it. Very good game. Snipers take 3 shots from far away, that's why no one is complaining. Pistols aren't useless. I bet I'll have the same crashing issue when the final product comes out, sadly. The only thing I hate about this game is the battlelog. It's quite stupid to not have a real ingame browser. Battlelog is absolute rubbish.
              You didn't see my thread about the crashes? This is a common problem, it shouldn't stay, I searched the intranetz and were not the only one!

Comment

Before updating to the drivers the game didn't even run. After fresh drivers... that. It's annoying because you see that little sign in the bottom that says "saving" every 2 minutes and you think "Great, I won't be losing progress" but I have gotten promoted to level 1 13 times today. It does not save.

Comment

When someone spots an enemy you see a little orange targeting carat over their head.
                  Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I haven't actually looked into the details of the Beta much, but am i right in thinking it's the same map as the Alpha and nothing new?

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                      I haven't actually looked into the details of the Beta much, but am i right in thinking it's the same map as the Alpha and nothing new?
                      They took out the APC and moved some mCom locations. Apart from that, just about the same but looking prettier.

Comment

Thanks K.

Comment

I am finding it quite enjoyable but the lack of vehicles is killing me

Performance was acceptable, stability was a bit sketchy at times but overall I think so far its a suitable next generation for BF2.

The thing I currently miss most is a commander of all things. I miss the coherent teamwork a good commander could provide.

Needle

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                            Phan, have you updated to the latest video drivers? If you have an Nvidia Card the beta drivers are optimized for BF3. I have them and they work great no issues.
                            One change I hope they make when the game goes live is the ability to choose your squad. Why the beta does not have the ability to choose which squad you want to play in is beyond me.
                            A minor complaint is when you scroll to throw out a medic bag you do not return to your last used weapon. You still have a medic bag in your hands. And the flashlight will blind you. I can see this becoming an asshat trick for team mates like door blocking was in DOD.
                            I wish they had picked a different map for the beta. Gulf of Oman was a great choice for BF2. It was a great mix of terrain and vehicles.
                            Overall I like the game and just hope they fix the bugs. In some places outside, when you are prone, you are under the map.
                            Apache
                            Agree with all of your comments.
                            [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Well, I didnt play but a bit last night cause it took forever for me to download the game and drivers. I just have to get used to the massive recoil on the weapons. Unless you are pretty close to an enemy, rapid fire is useless. Kinda like DOD.

I game is really jerky for me but that is mostly due to 35 - 40 fps. Bout all I can get on medium settings with 2x AA.

I really dont like the way the kits are set up. Nothing is fast about fixing things and you cant change anything until you spawn each time. It's really time consuming and tedious. BC2 was very fast in between spawns. And you could change stuff while you waited to respawn.

It's a good game, but I'm kinda disappointed so far in the Beta. Just hope the finished product is better. That plus I hope we never ever run that Metro map at the Lair. Choke points are very bad. If you get a good squad covering all the entry points you'd never get past that point in the underground tunnel.

One good thing though is snipers have a hell of a time hiding and shooting. That glint is tough to miss. It even glints while you run. I shot it a bit and you have to change to your pistol while running or else everyone will see you and you dont last long. But thats a good thing. Plus unless you get a head shot it aint one shot one kill. Thats a good thing too.
                              [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X