• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Servers Being Patched - today

Update from the Team #6
    By: zh1nt0 Posted: 1 hour ago

We have distributed a server side update with the following changes:

Terrain destruction disabled, because it causes problems with people crawling around under the map. We have a proper fix for this in the retail game, but chose to simply disable it for the OB

Preround is fully activated: 8 players required to transition from preround to in-game; when 8 players are reached, the start-timer is set to 10 seconds

Fixes for the most common game server crashes reported over the past 48 hours

Fixes for end-of-round progress reporting to Battlelog (so players will see their progress more detailed on Battlelog)

The Server Providers have been instructed to deploy before Fri Sep 30th, 0800 UTC (when it impacts players the least).

Downtime should be minimal.

Very, very good news.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
      Very, very good news.
      yes very good indeed

Comment

Now if they could fix the random Crash to Desktop, and the BSOD.

And yes I have the latest beta Nvidia drivers.
        A change of Pace.
        "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

Originally posted by paceman View Post
          Now if they could fix the random Crash to Desktop, and the BSOD.

And yes I have the latest beta Nvidia drivers.
          Do you have all of the newest windows updates?
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

I was also getting BSODs... it seems they were caused by my RAM not getting enough voltage. I upped it a little at the start of beta day 2, and haven't had a bluescreen since. But, you've probably got a different issue... *so* many things cause bluescreens, and the error message is never helpful

Comment

OMG - the patch has royally screwed up things. Fall through the map almost every other spawn. Most any place there is a depression in the ground, you fall through the map. Simply terrible game play today.
              A change of Pace.

Comment

Not sure if they applied the patch yet. It seemed just the same, but I expect that from Dice lol.

Comment

OMG - the patch has royally screwed up things. Fall through the map almost every other spawn. Most any place there is a depression in the ground, you fall through the map. Simply terrible game play today.
                  Doesn't sound like it is the patch since they are turning off terrain deformation, hence you wouldn't have depressions in the ground. That'd be pretty bad if their functions don't work properly though!
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

I was crawling in the dirt, and I was under the map from just crawling. They better fix that.

Comment

Originally posted by Quamin View Post
                      Doesn't sound like it is the patch since they are turning off terrain deformation, hence you wouldn't have depressions in the ground. That'd be pretty bad if their functions don't work properly though!
                      I didn't see anything is Cain's quote about terrain Deformation being turned off, only terrain Destruction.

I've played a number of rounds and until today I had never fall out of the map. Today it's happening constantly.
                      A change of Pace.

Comment

I didn't see anything is Cain's quote about terrain Deformation being turned off, only terrain Destruction.

I've played a number of rounds and until today I had never fall out of the map. Today it's happening constantly.
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrain
                        "Terrain, or land relief, is the vertical and horizontal dimension of land surface."
                        ^^ That's all I was referring to, so when they called it destruction, I assumed it implied to just the deformation (which is a term more commonly used) of Terrain and not other things like objects or buildings.

Still, sounds like they borked it up and tonight shall be full of surprises and falling off the map.
                        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

So this is from about noon est today.
                          So Ladies and Gentlemen!

For your playing experience we are going to restart the servers to improve stability and connectivity to the game servers.
                          Downtime for each platform will be 5 minutes but may take slightly longer.

We are restarting the Xbox 360 Servers first, following PlayStation 3 and also PC to follow.
                          We´re terribly sorry for the inconvenience
                          So are they rolling back the patch, just getting around to installing it?!? Hope the fixed that mess about falling through the map.
                          A change of Pace.

Comment

That's weird. Because since the patch I have been playing perfectly. The way you know the server is patched is when you first spawn you don't have to wait 30 seconds, only 10. I haven't sunk in at least 4 hours.

Comment

I wish we could choose our own squads so we can team up and also could access menu when we r dead not just alive

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X