BF3 Beta Gameplay Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BF3 Beta Gameplay Tips

While playing last night I realized there were a few things I learned on the fly that would have been nice to know before I started. Come to find out that my usual keybind exploring found something that a lot of people didn't know (pressing V changes the gun from auto fire to single shot). Here is a list of not so obvious things that you may find helpful in the Beta.

1. ALT+ENTER makes the windows task bar go away
    2. Origin friends list is separate from BF3 friends list (also known as Battle Log)
    3. "V" will switch your weapon from auto fire to single shot
    4. You must be spawned into a game in order to change your video or audio settings. Check your audio settings, they default to terrible so you may want to fix that.
    5. Each weapon has its own unlocks, so if you unlock something on the good guys side with the RPK-74M (support class), that doesn't mean you can use it on the bad guys side with the M27 IAR (support class). So prepare to unlock the aiming reticle a few times.
    6. You can change it so you don't have to hold down right click to stay zoomed. Just go into the Options (remember you have to be spawned to get to this menu) and change the setting.
    7. There is a sprint unlock. It's actually one of the first unlocks. Once you have it, you must assign it to your load out. Sprint can be put in the last loadout option all the way on the right. This allows you to run faster and longer.
    8. You'll see the Caspian map is only on password protected servers. The current password is "shoppingcartsareagoodride". If it changes, just check here: http://cainslair.com/showthread.php?t=21591.
    9. You cannot change squads or teams in the Beta. You can drop your squad and it will put you in another squad, but you cannot pick which squad that will be.
    10 The Deploy screen is a tad confusing at first. They key to remember is that it only shows your active spawn points. So if you only see 1 squad member in the deploy screen, it is because your other 2 are dead and you only have that 1 squad member to spawn on.
    10. In the Customize load out screen is where you can attached your aiming reticle. Click on the Accessories button under the weapon. The button also has an orange triangle on it.
    11. There is an option for full screen in the video settings. Change it, then exit the game so the settings save. If you change it, and the game crashes on you, the setting will not be saved.
    Last edited by Nauticas; 30 Sep 2011, 11:15 AM.
    Nauticas

Good stuff.

#4 is simply re-damn-diculous. Having to join a server to change settings is pretty lame.

Having to go to Full-Screen at the beginning is bad enough, but then it goes back to window mode after each map change and you have to go back to full-screen again. I want it ALWAYS on full-screen, give me an option for that. Stoopid.
    A change of Pace.
    "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

@7, Sprint doesn't make you sprint- it makes you sprint for longer and faster.

Very good info for first timers though!

I didn't even know about the single shot thing.

Comment

Originally posted by paceman View Post
        I want it ALWAYS on full-screen, give me an option for that. Stoopid.
        There is an option for that. You can change it to Full Screen in the Video options (pretty sure it is the video options). Make sure to change it, then exit the game so the setting sticks. If you change the settings, and then the game crashes, it won't save the setting.
        Nauticas

Comment

You can change squads. Leave your squad and you will join another. You can not pick which squad you join though.
          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Trying to join a server this morning all I get is

Sorry, Something technical went wrong
            A change of Pace.
            "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

Dont Get Shot..... Shoot Others <--- fallow these two rules and you'll be great

Comment

Thanks, I was wondering how to change to single shot mode!

Comment

Did you guys read what I posted about single shot. I had it on ss mode and went to pull the trigger expecting a lot of bullets but only got one. I died pretty fast.

Moral of the story is, if you get used to it you'll be ok. But if you just use it every now and then, you'll probably forget and die.
                  [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by The_Needle View Post
                    Thanks, I was wondering how to change to single shot mode!
                    Me too. It tried X as i'm pretty sure that's the default in BF2/2142 and iirc i just stood up.

Comment

Just a quick question, I was on server #23 for a bit and there where no friendly/enemy icons above heads that I could see. Is this part of hardcore? If so, holy cow is it almost impossible to tell who is the enemy. At a glance everyone looks the same. I had an enemy right next to me and I didn't know it. Either that or I'm really blind.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorDeath View Post
                        Just a quick question, I was on server #23 for a bit and there where no friendly/enemy icons above heads that I could see. Is this part of hardcore? If so, holy cow is it almost impossible to tell who is the enemy. At a glance everyone looks the same. I had an enemy right next to me and I didn't know it. Either that or I'm really blind.
                        No, that's a glitch. Hardcore would never be that way because when it happened to me I TK'd half my team (FF was off but still shot the crap out of my team) There is no way they do hardcore like that. When I asked if there are names above people, someone replied he can see names. So, glitch.

Comment

To turn your laser or flashlight off press T

Have to turn it off every time you spawn also.

Comment

I'm updating the list as more info comes in.
                            Nauticas

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
                            Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X