Ramming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ramming

I'm totally against taking a brand new tank, gunship, transport, whatever you can use to ram, and ramming. But is it okay to do it as you're "going down"? I'd consider it a fairly okay tactic to ram as youre burning and about to go down, but maybe its just me
    Even a few times today I've been on fire and about to die in my gunship, and I just fly towards the enemy gunship 1/2 to get away and 1/2 in hopes I either hit them before (or after) I die. Maybe it's just me. I'm definitely not advocating ramming though.

On a sidenote we definitely needta start doing something about people who only ram and do nothing else. Laikan went like 15 kills and 25 deaths ramming today. Rediculous.
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%

Re: Ramming

Originally posted by kjhenf
    I'm totally against taking a brand new tank, gunship, transport, whatever you can use to ram, and ramming. But is it okay to do it as you're "going down"? I'd consider it a fairly okay tactic to ram as youre burning and about to go down, but maybe its just me
    Even a few times today I've been on fire and about to die in my gunship, and I just fly towards the enemy gunship 1/2 to get away and 1/2 in hopes I either hit them before (or after) I die. Maybe it's just me. I'm definitely not advocating ramming though.

On a sidenote we definitely needta start doing something about people who only ram and do nothing else. Laikan went like 15 kills and 25 deaths ramming today. Rediculous.
    If I'm in a tank and know im going to die, hell yes im going to ram into them as i blow up. If im going down youre going with me. Not sure about air vechicles though. those are pretty much an insta death if you get rammed. atleast if you ram with a tank they have a chance to live which doesnt make the tactic as 'dirty'
    Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

yeah i get that feeling of kamikaze somtimes

Comment

Are we talking about ramming before your vehicle blows up or jihad FAV's?

Comment

Originally posted by McVengeance
          Ramming when you're vehicle is critical, with no chance of repair.

Comment

If the vehicle I am in has no chance of being repaired then I'm going to say it's a fair tactic to use if it means preventing a silo or control point from being taken over. However, I usually bail out and let my vehicle become a bowling ball and hope that I hit something. (The FAV is the only vehicle I "bowl" with as it's the only vehicle I have success with.)

Comment

Originally posted by McVengeance
              while its burning and just getting ready to blow up and you have no chance of surviving

Comment

I agree with this form of ramming, If your going to die, go out fighting to the bitter end!!! Ramming with FAV with RDX strapped to it I also feel is acceptable. Any intentional ramming with a perfectly good transport just to be a jerk is unacceptable IMO.

Comment

I never ram, whether it be a brand new vehicle or a burning pile of scrap. However, I play Engineer religiously, and so if I bail rather than ram, I can either:
                  1) Get away in the smoke and confusion and begin to use the Pilum against the vehicle that just took me down, or
                  2) if the enemy is very close, I can jump out and score a side-shot with the Pilum, likely killing the enemy. (assuming I at least did 50% damage before bailing)

I always have that "fight 'till the end" mentality, but that always results in me running madly with a Pilum, not ramming. I have a full-time conscious, and just about anything will make me feel bad. When I accidently ram other gunships with mine, I feel like a you-know-what-hat. If I ever intentionally rammed, I'd likely find myself handwriting an apology.

In the end, I guess it's just a matter of opinion. Ramming at full health is wrong, but I can see where some would give that final push to take the enemy down with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Variable_az
                    I agree with this form of ramming, If your going to die, go out fighting to the bitter end!!! Ramming with FAV with RDX strapped to it I also feel is acceptable. Any intentional ramming with a perfectly good transport just to be a jerk is unacceptable IMO.
                    +1 Thats how I feel.

Comment

yeah let the sucker blow em up as well but i always try to get out b4 it goes KABOOMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!11111
                      [url="http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19030358"]Dracontius - North America - Summoners - League of Legends Statistics - lolking.net[/url] - My LoL stats etc

[URL="http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82"]http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82[/URL] - Use link if you want to play League of Legends.

Comment

The other day someone took some demopaks and put it on a FAV. He drove it towards me and killed me 2 or 3 times like that...

Comment

I personally believe that you should only ram when you're in a completely full transport. Preferably straight into the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Zurog
                            I personally believe that you should only ram when you're in a completely full transport. Preferably straight into the ground.
                            you forgot side of a building, or a tree.

(FYI this was a joke)

Comment

Originally posted by kjhenf
                              Originally posted by Zurog
                              you forgot side of a building, or a tree.

(FYI this was a joke)
                              WRONG

Lightpole
                              Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X