New player movements - Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New player movements - Thoughts?

So the player movement on this game is way different than BC2.
    What I'm talking about is the fact that when you are running and go to jump over something you have to kind of do it parkour style, thus disrupting your line of sight and any preparedness to shoot if you are suddenly confronted.
    The same for if you're using a bi-pod and right click behind some cover, he'll move the gun up to lower the bi-pod then set up a firing position. In the second or two it takes to do these things, you can (and I have) get lit up by a passer by.
    Also when you jump down from somewhere the 'camera' jolts up and down violently and you're pretty much blind for a second.
    While it is more real, and I appreciate the sim factor of this game, it can be frustrating at times.
    Thoughts? Like it/ Dislike it?

I like it.

Comment

I'm loving the prolonged revive in BF3. I wasn't sure at first as i loved played medic in BF2/2142 and how fast you could revive your teammates and continue an assault, but i've become used to it a lot quicker than i thought i would.

Comment

I dislike it. They throw the fun right out the window. Those second or two makes a lot of difference for me. Can't quickscope. There are times I know I shot that sniper but somehow he lives n I take the fall. Bullcrap. Tactical flashlight is just plan stupid when you run up on someone that has it and blinded by the light

Comment

Originally posted by Caddys83 View Post
          Can't quickscope.

Comment

I had a bug last night that would not allow me to spawn on team mates or change my kits. I could not change my load outs on my kits either. The only place I could spawn was at the main spawn point.
            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I like those features that make it more realistic. If you don't like the bipod you can remove it from your loadout.
              [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

^This is true. The Bi-Pod is a great tool for laying down fire with the support class. I seem to be leaning more toward the fore grip though lately. The new movements are growing on me. It is more real. For instance, when you get up from prone, you have to put your left hand down to push up, and your view moves too.
                One thing I thought is funny is that while prone, you can crawl while scoping or reloading. Realistically, you couldn't do either of these IRL. I wonder if they'll be removing that in the final.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                  by Apache Warrior
                  6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                • Reply to 6 years
                  by Sirex
                  I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                  Just hit 2.5K miles...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                  by Sirex
                  Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                  by Sirex
                  Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                  by Sirex
                  Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                Working...
                X