Voip??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voip??

Is there official word on the in game VOIP for the full version? Without a commander and no in squad comm available to the public I think this game could be more like BC3 then BF3. It's still looks like a great game but no VOIP in the beta has me worried.
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

I have heard nothing to say there will be VOIP in-game.

Comment

Well they have the built in COM Center....havent fooled around with it but I think you can get all your buddy's using it

Comment

Which is fine for playing with friends, but I want VOIP like in BF2... a channel for your squad, and a channel for the commander to talk to squad leaders. That was a GREAT feature.

Comment

I have read a few threads and as far as I can tell there will be some kind of VOIP that defaults to the entire team in one channel but other channels can be selected. From the discussions on this it's not clear if this in in battle log or in the game itself.

I think having worse VOIP then was in BF2 is a bit of a mistake.
          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Duke I and many others agree...

Looks like we will be using TS and our Procon plugin...

I'll have "all team" then when we exceed a number we will split into squad TS channels...

The bad part about this is that most players do not mess with TS but everyone enjoyed the built in VOIP in BF3 and 2142.

Comment

I can't believe they would ignore the fact that they stumbled into the biggest and best VOIP system in the history of PC gaming with BF2 and chose to ignore it afterward.

-Rand
              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!

Comment

I will say this now cos its true...

With bc2 having voip a lack of it at least properly, im sure bf gamers have gotten accustomed to not using voice.

I doubt it will ever be complained about enough to get fixed if its not working or there.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
                ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
                  I can't believe they would ignore the fact that they stumbled into the biggest and best VOIP system in the history of PC gaming with BF2 and chose to ignore it afterward.

-Rand
                  It was a great system. It ran as a separate file, and I ran my VOIP server myself. Since it was separate it did not server CPU or bandwidth and did not lag or affect the game at all.

Comment

Sad without communication. We can use TS. But many others wont go to the trouble. One other item is, chat is useless for passing intel along. By the time you get it typed, the situation has changed and is no longer relevant. But you still have people basing their play on that intel it they read it late. Waste of time.

Plus, I never read chat that much anyway. Takes away from my focus. Dont know about others but I like to focus on the fight and what I need to be doing other than reading chat. But maybe i'm too serious.
                    [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

I totally agree - BF2 had a bad to the bone VOIP system, and casting it aside is a bad move.

Is it sad that all I really wanted was for them to update BF2 with the BF3 engine?

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                      Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                        by Apache Warrior
                        6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                      • Reply to 6 years
                        by Sirex
                        I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                        Just hit 2.5K miles...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                      • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                        by Sirex
                        Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                      • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                        by Sirex
                        Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                      • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                        by Sirex
                        Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                      Working...
                      X