Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 7 x64 crash fix

My problem :

When clicking on Join Server from the browse server window i only get "Joining Server" after that nothing happens at all.

What helped for me on my x64 PC is the following :

Due to the è in the folder name the game won't start and generates an Application Error in the event viewer.

To change this on x64 systems :

1) Goto the folder where Origin installed BF3 Beta (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Bèta Battlefield 3)

2) Rename the Bèta Battlefield 3 folder to Beta Battlefield 3

3)Start regedit , browse to the following key :

HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WoW6432Node\EA Games
    Change the GDFBinary & InstallDir paths to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Beta Battlefield 3

Try to launch the game, should work.. i am happy as a puppy now Hope it works for you 2

Remember this works on x64 x86systems!

that's interesting, i never had this issue, decided to go and look what my program folder was named for the beta and it was "Battlefield 3 Open Beta" and not "Bèta Battlefield 3" and i do run x64, kinda strange how you have a different install path then me, did you install it the day it was released?

Comment

Comment

Maybe thats why I couldnt log into the Alpha after the first day.

But my .exe file only says BF3 now so maybe they changed it.
        [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

I have had the problem periodically, I'll try that. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian is Huh?!{CLR} View Post
            My problem :

When clicking on Join Server from the browse server window i only get "Joining Server" after that nothing happens at all.

What helped for me on my x64 PC is the following :

Due to the è in the folder name the game won't start and generates an Application Error in the event viewer.

To change this on x64 systems :

1) Goto the folder where Origin installed BF3 Beta (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Bèta Battlefield 3)

2) Rename the Bèta Battlefield 3 folder to Beta Battlefield 3

3)Start regedit , browse to the following key :

HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WoW6432Node\EA Games
            Change the GDFBinary & InstallDir paths to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Beta Battlefield 3

Try to launch the game, should work.. i am happy as a puppy now Hope it works for you 2

Remember this works on x64 x86systems!
            I had the same issue, but the root cause of it was me running adblocking / no script software on my default web browser (firefox). Once I added some exceptions to the lists it worked fine.
            Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
            Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X