Darth Locked out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darth Locked out!

As evil as things are in life. PC's can be more so.

Over the weeked, my router finally died. thts it, i am done with Linksys, Dlink, etc.

Needing a quick fix, i hoped over to my local best buy, and picked up a nice new WNR854. i know, netgear, blah, but, those are the few i have NEVER had issues with myself.

As a bonus, it has Draft N-Mimo, as well as being a native Gigabit router.

And then, the trouble starts. since my 24point switch is hardwired into one of my pc's, and the switch is required to run my house, i can't complete the installation(yes, apparently netgear requries SOFTWARE installtion for this router on 1 pc to get the router running) because i can't start the router until after i start the switch, and i can't start the switch without starting one of the PC's it forbids me to start until AFTER the software is installed, i'm boinked!

Frustrations. anyway, i'll be back up and runnign by tonight.

Onto the real fun.

Anyone eveer tried to pry open a CD tray that is "wedged" shut by a dried out pancake with syrup?

Good luck with all that Darth.
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Re: Darth Locked out!

Originally posted by darth_nevus
      Anyone eveer tried to pry open a CD tray that is "wedged" shut by a dried out pancake with syrup?
      Wow......

Hope everything works out for you

Comment

i have always used belkin.... and never had a problem. so if you lookin maybe try them.

Comment

I have the Netgear 824 router and I'm faily certain I didn't have to have any software installed to run it. What I DID need to do was clone my MAC address from my old router and then use that on the Netgear unit.
          I had A HELLUVA Time figuring that thing out as I have NEVER had to do that before. I even bought a second one assuming my refurb unit was bad.

But like Darth says, when PC things go bad, they really go bad, and sometimes you have no recourse other than to throw in the towel and call for help. Good luck with the networking fundamentals !!

PS - ignore Jeffro ... he knows not what he speaks .. if he decides to enter into verbal sparring with me, I shall post a few choice links about Belkin and their wonderful spyware router firmware updates.
          Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

[img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Darth, Darth, Darth....................

Comment

Originally posted by BlackArrow
                I told him that isn't how you use it but he insisted you can warm a pancake with the laser in a CD-Rom drive!
                [img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/CoD2/limeyfunny.jpg[/img]
                [img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/english911/admin.jpg[/img]
                [size=4][color=blue][url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url][/color][/size]

Comment

Originally posted by LIMEY
                  Originally posted by BlackArrow
                  I told him that isn't how you use it but he insisted you can warm a pancake with the laser in a CD-Rom drive!
                  If it is a LightScribe CD burner, you could burn all kinds of things onto the pancake, and sell it to Golden Palace; they bought that grilled-cheese sandwich with Mary's face on it, no?

Comment

And then, the trouble starts. since my 24point switch is hardwired into one of my pc's, and the switch is required to run my house, i can't complete the installation(yes, apparently netgear requries SOFTWARE installtion for this router on 1 pc to get the router running) because i can't start the router until after i start the switch, and i can't start the switch without starting one of the PC's it forbids me to start until AFTER the software is installed, i'm boinked!
                    Why not just use a crossover cable into the back of the netgear?

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                    Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                      by Apache Warrior
                      6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                    • Reply to 6 years
                      by Sirex
                      I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                      Just hit 2.5K miles...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                    • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                      by Sirex
                      Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                    • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                      by Sirex
                      Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                    • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                      by Sirex
                      Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                    Working...
                    X