Price drops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price drops?

any chance the 512mb evga 8800gts cards will drop in price soon?
    how does everyone afford buying all this new computer stuff? I need to work more...sigh (highschool, what can you do?).
    We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Save those pennies

Also recall that there are cheaper parts out there that will still get the job done. For those of us with day jobs and disposable income, these higher end components aren't THAT hard to bankroll (well, unless your wife and kids spend it all ). But when you are on a tight student budget, it can be much harder (having worked through most of high school and college, trust me I've been there ).

You might have to lower your expectations a bit, but you should be able to sneak a decent upgrade in. Maybe the GTS cards are a bit too pricey, try finding a lower price GT card or even look at the Radeon HD3870 (quit a solid performer for even less money). Honestly, since the new cards have just recently been released, and ATI isn't forcing Nvidia's hand in any significant way, I can't forsee prices moving much in the next few months. I guess it's a matter of when you feel you need to upgrade.

Is there a new game coming out that you want to run? Is running your games now unbearable with your current hardware? Are you trying to impress the ladies with a pimped out rig?

Comment

^ my friend has an HD 3870, nice card !

Comment

chances of the 8800gt dropping in price are a LONG way off. the remainder of the 9x00 cards(except the 9600gt) haven't had a release date as i am aware. and the 8800gt is such a beast, they have no real need to. i'm with carbon!

Comment

Re: Price drops?

Originally posted by KyleRiley
          how does everyone afford buying all this new computer stuff? I need to work more...sigh (highschool, what can you do?).

didn't you just get an 8800gt?

Comment

I think he did.

Comment

hey look, im in high school, my current parts are from last summer, i only upgrade motherboards every two years. i typically skip one or two generations of video cards. i cant afford top end processors, or anything top end , really! its not seeing who can buy the fastest , most expensive components, but who can be frugal and get the most for their money.

at some point, we have to be satisfied with what we have, and not crave for the wee bit more of speed promised by expensive hardware!

Comment

Originally posted by drunken_chef

didn't you just get an 8800gt?
                http://www.bfgtech.com/Preview.aspx?imgID=2064

That is what I have. I am looking to upgrade the entire system next year, because I am getting sick and tired of Dell...enough said

Comment

not a bad card, not at all. but why a gts640 instead of a gt?

Comment

Originally posted by darth_nevus
                    not a bad card, not at all. but why a gts640 instead of a gt?
                    The only card I could find at the time...

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                    Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                    widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X