Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gunship base raping on TiTan? Kuul or Asshat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gunship base raping on TiTan? Kuul or Asshat?

OK CLR's...

Here is/was the situation.

Gunship repeatedly rapes our base. Killing spawns and armor.
    Rinse and repeat and repeat and repeat. Don't say that you could shoot them from the TiTan, as you know the gunship is way too fast for that. SAAW is ineffective if they come in low and fast, which was the case. Our gunship was off touring the countryside, totally useless.

Though it was a CLR that was raping us, that is not relevant to the vote, although I am disappointed in them.

Is this OK behavior? Or is this asshat behavior?

Throw in the fact that wave after wave of FAV's were swarming into our base from the opening bell, TiTan guns blown away, and you have a untenable situation on your own base.

And yes, I know that base raping is considered "OK" on the Lair since you can spawn on the TiTan. Sure, you can pod out to the first base, without armor, and see where it leads you. (Usually a quick and messy death if an APC is parked there, and/or infantry waiting behind the walls) Or spawn at "Hopefully" a taken flag/silo, or take the transport, errrrrrr, with the gunship camping at your TiTan, see how far that gets ya.

Just great tactics? As they effectively kept us on our heels from the start.

This was on Suez, so you only get the 1 tank/apc at the beginning. Wouldn't be surprised if the gunship had +60 kills, really I don't.
    Yes, it is kuul
    0%
    No, it is Asshat behavior
    0%
    ??Click me to donate??

I don't mind a little bit of base attack. It's usually satisfying to blow them up and do your evil laugh as bits of their APC fly in every direction. But constant, unstoppable raping is really annoying. Say bye to any and all fun you were having.

In this situation, my vote is with asshatting.

Comment

I voted asshat, and I'm hoping that you didnt think that I was doing this...
      I dont think it was me but I just want to make sure

Comment

stupid no edit button, so I'll add to what I said in above post, if dont occasionaly to clear out some people, theres no problem with it, its always fun to fly by and gun down the people waiting in line for the tank, but to continually camp is not cool

Comment

For me asshat... There is spawn point for ground forces... and titan isn`t an option for spawn if U want to go to for silos...

Comment

I voted asshat and i will not mention the {CLR} member that was doing it to night on titan sever.

Comment

If you are in an enemy uncap to only be there to spawn kill and get free points, like this case, then you are an asshat, end of story.

Comment

Originally posted by thedeadlyasn
                If you are in an enemy uncap to only be there to spawn kill and get free points, like this case, then you are an asshat, end of story.
                +1
                [url=http://2142-stats.com/baller4life+stats.html][img]http://sigs.2142-stats.com/baller4life_player_650.png[/img][/url]
                [url=www.cainslair.com][img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n20/baller4life2468/bf2142sig.jpg[/img][/url]

Comment

Titan uncaps are not off limits. You can spawn on the Titan and take any one out. With the gunship spawn with the SAAW.
                  Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                  Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                  I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                  Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior
                    Titan uncaps are not off limits. You can spawn on the Titan and take any one out. With the gunship spawn with the SAAW.
                    Apache
                    I definitely agree with that, Even being a "good" pilot, a SAAW will scare me away no problem.

*I do not encourage SAAW usage.*

Comment

I couldn't hit a stationary gunship with a SAAW... how the hell do you use that thing?

Comment

I couldn't hit a stationary gunship with a SAAW... how the hell do you use that thing?
                        besides being bugged,

a working eyeball and trigger finger is what is basically needed...

Comment

Originally posted by killa_zn
                          a working eyeball and trigger finger is what is basically needed...
                          Not even!

Originally posted by The Who
                          He ain't got no distractions
                          Can't hear those buzzers and bells
                          Don't see lights a flashin'
                          Plays by sense of smell

Comment

wait for a lock, then fire

Comment

Normally you CAN scare the bajeebers out of a gunship with the SAAW. In this situation though, they flew nap of the earth, then spewed missile death in the cap. Really very little time to actually point, lock, and fire, since buildings and terrain block you. I'm sure you could do it if you were already shouldering it, and aiming for them in the correct direction. I DID break out the SAAW, and did try that, but still died. If you don't know exactly which direction they are coming from, they pop up, launch their load, and you are looking at the timer again. It just happens too fast for anything creative.

Since they are in and out in 2 seconds, sight-lock-fire is problamatical. There they are, here are the missiles, there they go. (And you lose lock immediately due to the buildings/terrain) This is the attack pattern that the A-10's loved to do. No chance for the ground forces to react, and the target gets minced.

And yes, I finally made it out and into the hills, and eventually got the kill. But at what cost? They had already repeatedly blown assets and spawns to itty bitty pieces, and subsequently stopped all assaults using the armor from the base. Really, I don't think they were thinking of stopping us from using the assets, but the easy kills sure looked good to them.

Sure, spawn on the TiTan, guns are gone, so if you aren't engy and able to repair them, forget it. By the time you have the guns repaired, someone is on the ground AA gun shooting them out again, and the Gunship right behind them raining death.

Not an Impossible situation, but why should there BE that situation. Remember, FAV after FAV is running full speed into the base. MM's planted just outside or even inside the one exit ramp. Gunship playing cat and mouse. You'd almost think the gunship was yours, as he was just camping there. After all, why should they go anywhere else when there were so many helpless targets concentrated at the base.
                              ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X