Windows XP SP3 RC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows XP SP3 RC

For those that can't wait for the official release or like to beta these things like me, here is your chance:

Windows XP Service Pack 3 Release Candidate: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

News from Hotfix and CNET:

http://www.thehotfix.net/

http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13506_1-9837180-17.html

Why all Vista users should upgrade to Windows XP
    Saturday, 22 December 2007

ImageDon Reisinger: Now that Microsoft has announced the availability of the RC version of Service Pack 3 for our old friend, XP, I'm delighted to tell you all that not only is this upgrade substantial and extremely helpful. Believe it or not, this upgrade creates the best Windows experience I have ever used.

Now, as you may be aware, Vista is, well, crap. Sure, SP1 is on the way early next year and the hope is still there that Microsoft may be able to turn it around, but let's face it -- the chances of Vista becoming a wanted OS are dwindling by the minute.

Let's see what has gone down with Vista over the past year: Dell, HP and Acer have all asked Microsoft to extend XPs availability for an additional six months due to the concerns of customers; many businesses have been slow to adopt the new OS because of poor performance and compatibility issues; complaints have soured the release claiming Microsoft's new OS is slower, less capable and downright awful; and last but certainly not least, it's as if Microsoft can't stand Vista considering the level of detail it's releasing on its follow-up, Windows 7.

View Full Article: CNET News

Comment

DLing now

Comment

Vista = ME

Comment

Originally posted by Cain
          Vista = ME
          How true it is.

The mere existence of an SP3 lends credence to this. Until MS releases a more secure OS that's also LESS bloated than XP, I doubt the new OS uptake will change significantly. And if there's anything we know about Microsoft, it's that they are good at ADDING bloat, not removing it.

Comment

When did they say they are releasing the Official SP3?
            We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

yummy, I heard SP3 was supposed to be a must have....something about better performance...

Gimme some Candy!!!
              [IMG]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/radarsig1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Well, it's in to RC's now, so I'd guess anywhere from a month to 6 months depending on how much they come up with that needs fixed/changed.
                [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Igorod/troopdod.jpg[/img]
                [url=http://profile.xfire.com/trooper110][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/1/trooper110.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Win2K was good, ME Sucked, XP is good, Vista sux, Win7 may be good.

Comment

I updated!

Comment

Downloading now

It will be cool to see how this compares to the copy of Vista that I'll be setting up in a few days, although I think I already know the answer...

Thanks for the post Black Arrow!

Comment

I like Vista and yes it as a few problems but I rember XP had the same promblems when it came out. So don't write Vista off just Yet.

Comment

I DO run XP Pro normally, but have had no problems with Vista 64.

Nice that they are giving some Love to XP.
                          ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Yes put SP3 for xp is what they are calling end of Life pack for xp

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost_Rain
                              I like Vista and yes it as a few problems but I rember XP had the same promblems when it came out. So don't write Vista off just Yet.
                              I believe I speak for everyone when I say, "WHAT????!!!!!!1111" I will admit, XP's launch wasn't exactly flawless (which Window's launch has been?), but I don't recollect it being so bad as to have manufacturers requesting (demanding) that the demise of the previous version be staved off for six months. I'm not saying that Vista is DOA, but it is going to take a LOT to build people's confidence in this (p)OS.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X