Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's clear this up with a poll ---> RDX hopping.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's clear this up with a poll ---> RDX hopping.

Time to end this. What do you think and why? I do not RDX. I said I would but I never really do. I've done it once and I didn't like it. It ruined my fun (as for points are worthless to generals) and it ruined the victims fun.

What do you think and why?

On the personal note, I do not RDX hopping. I was acting like a fool saying I would, but I like I said, I did it once and hated it. However I hate others doing it, especially when they are respected CLR's. IMO, don't do it, or you're an asshat. Doesn't matter if it's your last result, you are an asshat to do this.

That is MY personal opinion and effects the results of this poll in no way.
    I like RDX hopping. I wouldn't enjoy playing as much if it were against the rules.
    0%
    I don't mind RDX hoppers. Changing it or not would mean nothing to me
    0%
    I hate RDX hopping, it ruins the game and something should change to prevent it
    0%
    I hate RDX hopping, it's annoying and is cheap, but I don't believe anything should change
    0%

I have to say i aggre with Deadly RDX hopper is a cheap way of Stat padding, and it really dose my heading and this include's the RDX Rammers too.

Any way Nice post Deadly Keep up the Fight i'm behind you 100%

Comment

For now, it is part of the game.

The Stats leaders, some of them anyway, are RDX bunny hoppers. That is ALL they do. Why? Tons of cheap kills, points, stats. They have macro'd the entire sequence, So they are podding and dropping RDX and detonating in one move, almost before they land. Campers dead. Good tactic?

Any kind of lag, and the bunny hoppers rule.
      (Or really just about anywhere, lag or no lag)

Why?
      They aren't aiming a gun, blast area is huge, bunny hopping messes up the hit box so they are harder to kill. (Like dolphin diving in BF2) Release and detonate, and your target(s) are dead. They just have to be in the general area. Not much skill involved, except hitting the space bar and their macro key.

Lag plays havoc with people using a weapon as intended. 1 little freeze frame/lag, and you are shooting an empty wall inside the TiTan instead of the bunny hopping whore. They get within 10 meters, hit the macro, and you die. L33T player.

Rinse and repeat, and repeat, and repeat.

Some other bunny hopping tactics against armor that I won't get into, but it irks me to see them floating down from 20 feet up after killing the armor.

This is an "EXPLOIT", and as such, it is play that was NOT designed for by EA/Dice. It makes people mad, which makes the RBH an asshat in many people's minds. It makes people leave the server mad enough to punch through walls. They might not be back, which is NOT what Cain wants. People want a Fair Fight. Using an exploit is NOT a fair fight.

If people have a bad experience on the server, they MIGHT come back, or they never WILL come back because they were so distraught. Good people leaving means lower server count, which is a bad thing. A bad reputation blasted on the 2142 forums about our servers is a bad thing. Enough good people leave because of perceived "Asshat" play, and all that will remain is the RBH's, Transport rammers, Hackers, and the RDX FAV's. You can just see them running around the map ramming or blowing each other up. OHHH what fun.

Remember, people see our Tags, and expect MORE from us than lame exploitive game play. There are certain clan/tags that have a poor or even a horrible reputation. (Asshats, exploiters, hacks?, abusive admins) I certainly don't want the {CLR} tag to fall into that category, as it is and has been well respected across the entire BF series of games.
      (And other games also)

By all means, if you want to be a bunny hopping RDX maniac, there are many servers that allow it. (And many that ban for it) Take your tags off and go have fun THERE. Come back when you want to fight mano-a-mano. (IMO) Or use the Recon class as intended, as people such as BKnight are VERY effective using the kit, and don't resort to tactics guaranteed to make people's blood pressure soar.

Love transport ramming? 2142 forums are full of people who talk about where they play and dedicate themselves to Transport ramming. GO THERE if that's what kick starts your motor. Come back when you want to use the transport as intended, or the famous "Transport of DOOM".

Love to Base rape the uncap on conquest? Some servers are free-for-all's, anything goes. GO THERE, but take the tags off.
      Come back when you want to be an upstanding and valued member of the community, and wear the {CLR} tag proudly.

Wearing the {CLR} tag has certain obligations attached. It doesn't mean you "OWN" everyone, or have 3 million kills to wear the tag. It means people look up to you, and want to imitate you. Fair play, good squad mates, and a willingness to have fun are the trademarks.
      ??Click me to donate??

Comment

i voted really dont care

to be honest i dont do it and as long as i'm not getting blown up off the spawn then i dont mind to much...

Comment

I vote for last option...
          IMO RDX bunny hopping never end . It is legal but annoying, and with players from all world playing this game it is endless

Comment

Oh I agree that it won't stop just because we wished upon a star..
            EA can't fix it, and now won't due to other projects.

This is about your feelings on the RDX BH's. Or am I mistaken?
            ??Click me to donate??

Comment

I voted "I hate RDX hopping, it's annoying and is cheap, but I don't believe anything should change" because I've been keeping to vehicles lately, so RDX hoppers aren't my main worry. However, if an effective method of keeping it under control were to arise, I'd be all for it.

What I DO hate is RDX jeeps and transport rammers.

Comment

I went for the "I dont care" option. Although I hate RDX hoppers, I found a way to not have to deal with it... flying. In the gunship theres no RDX to worry about, just stupid MM's on the titan shield. I do feel that RDX hopping is one of the lamest tactics out there, and someting should be done to fix it, but for now, I could care less. But I agree with Darkrain, good idea Deadly

Comment

I guess you could really put a stop to the practice by turning on Friendly Fire, but people probably wouldn't be real happy about it...

I feel the same way about people camping the silos with the Titan guns (When they move the titans).

Comment

RDX hopping is the SINGLE BIGGEST REASON THAT FF SHOULD BE ON!!!! Probably the part that makes me maddest about this "stunt" is that we already have the ability to stop it in it's tracks. It's been in the games sense it first came out. Simply turn FF back on.

I have yet to hear a single argument about FF being off that holds up to the light of day. If you are going to shoot someone, make sure they are an enemy. If you want to toss a grenade or set off some RDX, make sure there are no friendlies nearby. Same goes for using other weapons of "more" destruction.

If you can't use a weapon without wiping out half your squad, then you have NO BUSINESS using that weapon in the first place! Accidents do happen. Take your -2 points hit and learn from it.

And hey! I have an idea! If we want to take the FF absurdity to it's limits, let's get DICE to put in a nuclear bomb that the commander can use. And if FF is off, then they can use it to destroy every single enemy combatant and every single enemy asset without touching anything on his side. Yeah, that would make the game real fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Dead_And_Gone
                      Oh I agree that it won't stop just because we wished upon a star..
                      EA can't fix it, and now won't due to other projects.
                      What are you talking about??? They ALREADY fixed it! Heck, it was never broken in the first place! Just turn FF back ON where it belongs and all the RDX spammers die quickly and go away.

We NEVER had the RDX/grenade spamming problems on Conquest back (way back) when FF was on. It only became the prime complaint on this forum when FF was turned off.

Comment

I agree about turning FF back on. The only about that is it creates this, "why did you punish me, it was an accident you noob asshat!" Which could lead to retalitations etc. Isnt there a way to have it on and if you tk, accident or not, you get your -2 and the victim doesnt have an option to punish? That would be the best option IMO.

Comment

instead of turning FF back on, why not at 50% or so? FF was off to stop the volumes of TK's created by people taking vehicles.

Comment

I have yet to hear a single argument about FF being off that holds up to the light of day. If you are going to shoot someone, make sure they are an enemy. If you want to toss a grenade or set off some RDX, make sure there are no friendlies nearby. Same goes for using other weapons of "more" destruction.
                            I agree from a players POV but from the admin side of things FF causes all kinds of headaches that mostly center around intentional TK's. Now if BF2142 had some kind of spectator mode where admins could watch both sides for asshats then FF would be less of an issue.

Here are the FF settings that can be adjusted (in %) for a BF2142 server:
                            sv.soldierFriendlyFire 0
                            sv.vehicleFriendlyFire 0
                            sv.soldierSplashFriendlyFire 0
                            sv.vehicleSplashFriendlyFire 0

Not sure if "sv.soldierSplashFriendlyFire at 100" would effect friendly RDX (might have to check via Local Server... )

Comment

Originally posted by darth_nevus
                              instead of turning FF back on, why not at 50% or so? FF was off to stop the volumes of TK's created by people taking vehicles.
                              yeah now they just drive full speed with an FAV then get out and let it run you over, or they use RDX to blow you off the titan to get it

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X