New system ordered!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New system ordered!!!

OK ppl this is what is getting shipped to me and other stuff I have bought local.....Drumroll.. Intel C2d 6850 with a free laser pointer pen?? 4 gig of OCZ gold ddr2 6400, ASUS MAXIMUS FORMULA X38 mobo, CPU FAN ZALMAN | 9500A ,DVD BURN SAMSUNG sata version Antec 900 case, corsair 620 psu, Evga 8800 gts 512, Fatality xfi sound card, 22 in widescreen samsung. I was really wanting to wait on the new Intel Cpu's but I am ready to get this build done!

Very nice specs!! Can't wait to see some pics...about how much did all this cost you? (just curious, but you don't have to answer if you don't want to, because I don't want to be rude).
    We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

I can tell you it cost to much for something that will be a old stuff in a year! I think i spent about a grand with this build...I got some good deals with newegg and also the CompUsa in my town was closing its doors so i picked up a few deals from there. The only thing i wish i could have waited on were the the new intel chips....But i was ready to build asap....and i dont know if the new e8500 is that much dif from the 6850. Im sure its a little bit faster but for the price im not sure if it was worth waiting on. Regardless this is a big steep up from my current rig

Comment

Originally posted by CHOPS123
        I can tell you it cost to much for something that will be a old stuff in a year! I think i spent about a grand with this build...I got some good deals with newegg and also the CompUsa in my town was closing its doors so i picked up a few deals from there. The only thing i wish i could have waited on were the the new intel chips....But i was ready to build asap....and i dont know if the new e8500 is that much dif from the 6850. Im sure its a little bit faster but for the price im not sure if it was worth waiting on. Regardless this is a big steep up from my current rig
        Thats cool!! Make sure you post pics when you are done building it!
        We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

What OS? And Hard Drive? Existing one?

Sounds great though.
          I'm here to kill friends. Do you want to be my friend?

Comment

Comment

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/articl...50aGlzdWFzdA==

Comment

Nice list!
                [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Looking good chops. I probably would have dropped to the e6750 or q6600 as i don't think the 6850 is worth it's price tag. But it's your choice not mine.

Have fun with your new toys.

Comment

newegg has a special on the 6850 for $270 plus some free laser pen gaget.

Comment

Pig Im not sure what os to run....I have xp pro 32 and 64 bit......The 64 bit ran like crap. For the time being i am just going to use my old segate 80 gig sata drives. I have 2 of them in raid 0 now and they seem to work well. I will prob buy another drive like a 250 gig for storage

Comment

Cool system, hopefully you're going x64, so windows can use all that 4GB of RAM

[IMG]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/radarsig1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                        Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X