FF Tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FF Tactics

Has anyone tried the new FF Tactics for the PSP? Is it worth getting a PSP for? I have no consoles and this comp cant play games, so I am gameless until june unless I want to get a handheld. I guess I can have my friend ship me my ds and stuff, but for now, I got nothing.

I loved the original FF Tactics. In fact, it wasn't too many months ago when Tails and I picked it back up and put about 120 hours into it.

From what I've heard, they add two classes: The Onion Knight and Dark Knight. Onion Knights can equip any weapons, have no job abilities and are extremely weak, but become powerhouses once leveled enough. Dark Knights rely on darkness elemental hard-hitting techniques that often require them to deal a bit of damage to themselves.

They also added in some anime-style scenes rather than some of the other in-game scenes that were known in the original. They look great, and voice-overs were included, too. They also added in more unique characters, like Balthiar (sp?) from FFXII.

I'd really like to play it, but it's only slated for the PSP... Which I don't own.

If you were a huge fan of the original, this would be great, especially for a handheld system. I'd pick it up if I had one.

Comment

I remember talking to tails about you guys playing. I forgot how it got brought up, but we PMed eachother about it for a bit.
      I love the original, so maybe I will get this one. And Onion Knight? wth?

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralSnake
        I remember talking to tails about you guys playing. I forgot how it got brought up, but we PMed eachother about it for a bit.
        I love the original, so maybe I will get this one. And Onion Knight? wth?
        Lol, seriously. Onion Knights are "old school" for Final Fantasy, but it's neat to see such an old icon return to a modern Final Fantasy.

There was also a performance tweak, and some of the moves that caused lag (can you say "Bahamut"? ) have been fixed. There are also no more silly spelling errors (summoning "rich" instead of "lich") and the script was completely re-vamped, with language similar to that from FFXII.

I'm anxious to try it, but I don't own a PSP. There are also more games on the DS that I'd like, so getting a PSP in the near future is slim. Still, I'd really like to play this game. Though that would involve about 100+ hours of "borrowing" a friend's PSP.

Comment

You should "rent" a friends PSP. Let him borrow your DS or something like that. LOL, borrowing a friends psp for 100+ hours would be really fun though.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
          Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X