Shouldn't there be requirements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shouldn't there be requirements?

Lately I've been seeing a ton of players wearing the CLR tag that I haven't seen at all, not even in the introduce yourself to the community section. Now I'm totally cool with players wearing the tag honorably, but I kind of think there should be a "requirement" to wear the tag where you at least have to come say hi and introduce yourself...

It's like going a community of people and calling yourself part of that community just because you want to, oh wait, this is exactly what's going on.

Again, I'm totally cool with players wearing the tag and obeying our rules and treating others with respect, but I would like to at least get to know the players in the community by them properly introducing themselves.

That's one MAIN reason that I added that 500+ post requirement to my knifing contest, because to be honest I don't know who the hell half the ones killed even are!

I remember seeing an admin, don't remember which one, that was talking about how CLR members were saying "just put on the tag and you're in" and saying that that is not the way to become a CLR

Any input?
    Yes, players should properly introduce themselves before they place the tag
    0%
    Yes, players should EARN the right to wear the tag by good behavior
    0%
    No, players should be allowed to wear the tag, as long as they play honorably
    0%
    I could care less about this subject, I only chose this option because I'm bored and need a hug.
    0%

There is some basic code of conduct requirements... But if your talking about hand picking who can wear the tag then no. By nature the tag represents players who have fun and play here regularly. Its always been that way.
    Yeah every game has odd people though who just appear out of thin air with the tag, but as long as they arent breaking rules its not to bad. We have a lot of people we call "lurckers" who just browse the forums but never post.

Comment

I hate the elitist type who wear {ABC} or [XYZ] then come ramming you or sniping you on purpose, just to be an ass, so I wear the tag to promote fair play.

Not that I wouldn't stab you in the back if I caught you AFK. Its just that repeatedly using the same tactic on purpose to anger people is so lame.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNIGHT
        There is some basic code of conduct requirements... But if your talking about hand picking who can wear the tag then no. By nature the tag represents players who have fun and play here regularly. Its always been that way.
        Yeah every game has odd people though who just appear out of thin air with the tag, but as long as they arent breaking rules its not to bad. We have a lot of people we call "lurckers" who just browse the forums but never post.
        +1.

If you're asking for admin input into this question, this is what you're going to get from probably all of us. But what really matters here is Cain's opinion. And since it's been like this all along from before most of us found the Lair, my guess is it will continue as it always has.

Besides, ask yourself this question: just exactly how would you police people who have the "right" to use the tag versus those who don't?

-Rand
        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Not to rag but why make the 4th answer. That makes a stupid answer and to have fun people will answer that. Meanwhile the question never gets fully answered.
          [url=http://2142-stats.com/baller4life+stats.html][img]http://sigs.2142-stats.com/baller4life_player_650.png[/img][/url]
          [url=www.cainslair.com][img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n20/baller4life2468/bf2142sig.jpg[/img][/url]

Comment

Originally posted by baller4life2468
            Not to rag but why make the 4th answer. That makes a stupid answer and to have fun people will answer that. Meanwhile the question never gets fully answered.
            I say we eliminate C, no matter what C means for an answer thats still the default for when you dont know.....
            Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

I agree with what Danight and Rand have said. I would only add that there are times when we run different games and if a guy who played a different game shows up on the server of the game you are playing he may look like a newbie but could be a CLR. This even holds true for people who play during different times of the day. A guy who plays only in the AM may not be recognized during Prime Time.

This is a free community and has survived many generations of games with this policy and will survive many more.
              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I'll give you a player case in point.

StillTrooper/Bob is a GREAT GUY to play with. He wears the tags. Don't see him on often, but I enjoy it when he does play. Do you see posts from him? Does he lurk on the forums? All I know is that he is FUN to play with, and a Super squaddy. I'll take him Any day in my squad.

There are people out there that are typing challenged. And there are people out there that forums aren't their "Thing", or they just don't have the free time to cruise through them. It's all good if they play well with others and in the rules.
                ??Click me to donate??

Comment

I'm talking about people that no one has seen. Early this morning I was with a squad with CLR's multiple times, and half of them were asking who some CLR on the other team was, and I was doing the same. I don't mind if forums aren't their thing, however it's my thing, another reason I add a 500+ post limit, but if no one knows a CLR then I don't see why they don't come and introduce themselves.

Sure, they might just add the tag because they had fun with about 3 CLR's, but personally I would like it if everyone in the community knew each other, and all it really takes is a nice hello in the introduce yourself to the community section

Comment

Originally posted by thedeadlyasn
                    I don't mind if forums aren't their thing, however it's my thing ... but if no one knows a CLR then I don't see why they don't come and introduce themselves.
                    You don't see why? It is because they don't like forums. This doesn't make it sound like you don't mind that forums aren't their thing...

Originally posted by thedeadlyasn
                    all it really takes is a nice hello in the introduce yourself to the community section
                    I don't see why you can't say hello in game. Why are half the CLRs in a squad asking "who is this dude?" to each other. They could just say "Hey Dude, I'm so-and-so, never seen you around. Are you new? yeah? Make sure to check out the guidelines for being CLR on cainslair.com. We take 'em pretty seriously, but we're all here to have fun!"

How is someone posting "Sup all, I'm Dude" followed by 50 "Welcome to cain's lair dude!!!!" is any better than a personal introduction. Is it really worth it to force people to use the forums? If they don't want to, that's a pretty imposing request.

Comment

I've met most CLR's here on the forums. Todd, Darkrain, Murphy, Duke, Rand... the list goes on. Most of them I never had a chance to meet ingame because our timezones or playing hours were different.

To be honest 90% of the CLR's I play with now, I met on the forums. The forums are a great way to understand people's personalities, ingame you are limited to six players, then leaving the squad and so forth.

Also, it helps them understand who is an admin, a veteran CLR, and other things.

I don't care how players really want to introduce themselves, personally I would like them to just stop by and say hello, just one post. Believe it or not, players get to "know each other better" if the introduction is "hi im so and so and I play on Cain's Lair a lot and it's really cool I hope to wear the tag", rather then them just adding the tag.

It's me personally, I want players to enjoy the forums because I get to know them. I could careless if someone knifed a person, CLR or not. It's about me knowing the person and being able to have a good laugh about someone I know knifing someone I know. Rather then someone I know knifing... someone.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                      Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                        by Apache Warrior
                        6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                      • Reply to 6 years
                        by Sirex
                        I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                        Just hit 2.5K miles...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                      • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                        by Sirex
                        Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                      • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                        by Sirex
                        Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                      • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                        by Sirex
                        Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                      Working...
                      X