PDA

View Full Version : Advise And help Needed Please with Sata Drivers

Ghost_Rain
13th Jan 2008, 05:17 PM
I have just order a new Sata Dvd Writer and Dvd Rom is they anything I need to know about installing them just because I'm sick of the IDE ones lol.

Any Advise would be well come, And yes I have to spare Sate power Connetions.

Zantheus
13th Jan 2008, 05:43 PM
I have just order a new Sata Dvd Writer and Dvd Rom is they anything I need to know about installing them just because I'm sick of the IDE ones lol.

Any Advise would be well come, And yes I have to spare Sate power Connetions.

Jus make sure that ur SATA is enabled in ur BIOS settings...other then that I cant think of nething

Cain
13th Jan 2008, 06:02 PM
Depending on your MB and BIOS you may need to install SATA drivers for the OS to see the new Drive.

CHOPS123
13th Jan 2008, 06:51 PM
I ordered one too.......I was just sick of IDE cables

Ghost_Rain
13th Jan 2008, 07:02 PM
Thanks guys for the Advise. As for my Mobo I have 650i motherboard in at the moment but I have the New 750i on pre order,

juneau
13th Jan 2008, 07:21 PM
I ordered a new sata dvdrw for my new build too. Mainly because i didn't want to messa round with the JMicron drivers that come with my motherboard. A lot of hassle for one peice of hardware. Just plug in a boot up. :2thumbs:

Ghost_Rain
14th Jan 2008, 03:42 AM
I ordered a new sata dvdrw for my new build too. Mainly because i didn't want to messa round with the JMicron drivers that come with my motherboard. A lot of hassle for one peice of hardware. Just plug in a boot up. :2thumbs:

That what I like to Hear thanks man :2thumbs: