Gears of War Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gears of War Anyone?

I think Gears of War for the PC would be a good time!

Please vote in the poll. Thx!

Yes
    50.00%
    No
    25.00%
    My PC would asplode
    25.00%

Could be interesting, though I don't think the final details of the PC version (and running a server for it) have been released yet. Add to that the very low player count (unless someone mods it higher, I believe its still 4v4 max).

I guess we'll just have to wait and see

Comment

it would be nice if the pc version would allow more than 4 player teams.. if so i would buy andplay for pc.. until then im sticking with the single playa part for now..=)

Comment

The issue i see is, i think gow is releasing around the same time as ut3. As stated above player counts is a issue and ut3 will clearly allow more players to play at once. In theory there is no reason why they couldn't raise player counts, but its not likely the maps where made for it.
        While gears is a great game its also a new title for pc where ut3 is a franchise pc game.

Comment

what is ut3?

Comment

unreal tournament 3 (formally known as ut2k7) the sequel game to ut2k4.

ut games have basically been a pc based games with a few unreal games showing up on consoles like xbox. UT3 has been a long time coming and while gears threw epic into the limelight last year. Many pc gamers remember epic for ut. Gears is more duck and cover based game where ut is more traditional dm style of play (like quake games). Both are great games but both have different followings. There is some trailers posted here and all the common video sites. It should be a great game.

Gears was made for xbox 360 and the player counts reflects console games. ut is best known for 15 -32 players from ut2k4. It should be interesting to see what final verdict is on gears player count though as this will be a issue for pc gamers.

Comment

I voted yes, because I love GOW! But I don't think they are going to allow more than 4 vs. 4.

MD

Comment

As others have said, player count will be a huge factor.

Additionally, while Gears on the 360 is fun in singleplayer and coop (it's all about using cover and flanking), the multiplayer is a completely different game...it's all about rushing someone and shotgunning them in the face and is IMHO a lot less fun than the way the singleplayer works.

Depends on how much extra effort they put into the PC version. With enough changes it could be a lot of fun as a PC multiplayer game, but if it's a direct port then it's going to fail.
                [url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Thrashdragon][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/violet/Thrashdragon.png[/img][/url]
                [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/spikedz/TD_Latin.png[/img]

Comment

Well epic did say the pc version was getting some special love to make it stand out. They are getting extra content that probably wont be available on the 360 (why would people buy the pc game if it was exactly the same).

I think player count was capped because of how games are hosted on live. But with hosting companies being able to up the bandwidth then there isnt many reasons why epic coudnt up the player count (it would be a strong selling point if they did).
                  I dont recall what player count r6:vegas has on pc but i know its more than 4 vs 4 but there was also reports of lag issues.

Comment

Yes i love Gear's of War.

Comment

I said no, because If I were to start playing another game, it would be UT. I played 2004, but not online, I had dial up at the time. That was the first game I got with my PC actually. I had ALOT of fun playing with bots, so I definitely want to play the next one now that I have a decent connection, but I dont think I will be around. I liked Gears for xbox, but not as much as everyone else I guess, it wasnt too special. Beat it on the hardest mode(hardcore or whatever), played live for a few hours, and I am done with that game. Not too much replay value for me.

Comment

I didn't play Gears on Xbox, so PC version would be new to me.

But if UT3 comes out at the same time, i'm going with UT3 of course.
                        Especially true if Cain is going to host a server for it.

I have only so many gaming hours to play, so i need to get the most bang... And getting on the ground floor where everyone will eventually party at.

I'm at a disadvantage because I didn't play the previous version. I already know from 2142, that joining after players become established and good, means a very Dead Dead_and_Gone repeatedly, quickly, and with much relish and rejoicing. lolol
                        ??Click me to donate??

Comment

I vote no. I'm not getting the game; my gaming budget for the next 6 months for pc looks basically limited to Bioshock and UT3.

-Rand
                          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR}
                            I vote no. I'm not getting the game; my gaming budget for the next 6 months for pc looks basically limited to Bioshock and UT3.

-Rand
                            Same here.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                            Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X