Task Manger shut off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Task Manger shut off

So I just got back to my dorm after a long break away from blazing internet. I was about to log on to do a little gaming, but when i went to start closing everything to make gaming smoother, task manager wasn't there. I have vista home premium, so unlike XP, instead of going right to task manager with ctrl+alt+del, it goes to another screen that has the option to log off or restart and to go into task manager. Anyway, the option for task manager just isnt there. I tried starting it up using run, but i just got this

Now I obviously did not shut it off, so I have no idea how to turn it back on. Any suggestions would help. Thanks.

http://sohit4real.blogspot.com/2007/...nistrator.html

This might help ya....This was just a quick google search return.....so i dont know if this is the best fix for the problem your having

Comment

have you tried restarting the computer? If you have and that hasn't worked, have you tried starting it up in safe mode?
      [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

also, system restore to a point before you left the computer.

Comment

Thanks Chops, that worked first try.

Comment

Try this

howdo task manager recover

goto run type GPEDIT.MSC press enter

User Configuration
            Administrative Templates
            system
            Ctrl+Alt+Del double click
            remove task manager
            set to disable policy this enables task manager ok

should be back

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
            Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X