Amazing what these 'budget' CPUs can do these days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing what these 'budget' CPUs can do these days

So looking at Intel's lineup, everyone is anticipating the 8x00 and 9x00 chips arrival within a few weeks (days?) and I ran cross a few posts from the budget sector showing what their chips are capable of.
    We are talking about an e2160 chip here, that can be had for around $68 (OEM), and it can hit 3.6 if you don't mind abusing the poor thing to a possible early demise.
    See how this score ranks with your 3dmark06 scores:

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/6/3dmark06jq0.jpg

Note that he's using a 3850, not even ATI's fastest card available, but that is one helluva good score for an $80 chip !! I would love to get one of these chips to toy with, but just don't have the resources currently to do so. Anyone running one of these lil monsters ?

Darth, you doubt my pic linking abilities ??? I shall terminate the free cookies that I was sending to you henceforth and post haste. Anyhoo, I changed iit from a pic to a link. He's scoring well over 11k on 3dmark06.
    Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

picture is broke.

but yes, the budget cpu in general have ALOT more headroom, while unlocked multipliers have a good say too.

Comment

I was really tempted to buy one of the 2160/80 chips and o/c the hell out of it. Bu ti don't have too much continuous free time to do that so i needed a fast stock speed.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
      Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X