Do i really deserve this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do i really deserve this?

every time i try 2 log on ANY server the loading bar stops half way and my game freezes but the music stills plays...ive tryed manually updating pk but still doesnt work...WHY?!
    yes
    0%
    no
    0%

So many people have had this bug over the past few months. Tbh, i have no idea whatsoever what is causing it, and probably nobody else does either.

All i do know is that when it has hit people here, it's just better to reinstall.

Thankfully i haven't had this problem.

Comment

I found this on EA forums so you can verify this (no link though sorry):

There is a file in the bf2142 folder called oradial.cdb that was corrupted, for me it was during the ad fiasco, and if you delete it another oradial.cdb will be generated that is not corrupted. This worked for me, then I had a pb image error, so I uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, and manually updated.

*This file is a hidden protected system file so you will have to go to folder options and click off of "hide protected system files."

I haven't had problems since

Comment

i voted yes simply because you make to many polls. here is the fix.

Originally posted by drunken_chef
        from that thread, i googled it too =)

1) Go to your BF2142 folder, mine is C:\Program Files\Electron ic Arts\Battlefield 2142

2) Locate the file radial.cdb

"If you do not see this file in the folder then you need to go to folder options tell Windows to show hidden files, the file will not appear. You also (or instead) have to uncheck the box just a little bit below it, which is "Hide protected operating system files".

3) Rename the file to oradial.cdb and start your game.

For some reason this is a protected file and will not show if you ask to show hidden files.

The game will create a new radial.cbd file on it's own."

that worked for me, too bad i found it after i did a complete reinstall.

Comment

I doubt that's Punkbuster doing that, it's most likely your computer.

Comment

I've had this problem.
            I haven't been able to fix it so that is why I haven't been playing the last few months.

Comment

Same thing was happening at my home computer and it magically fixed itself, thanks MR. Potter

Comment

no one deserves to be kicked for no reason...
                We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

Sairento and drunken_chef got it right. That's the fix for it. Doing a complete uninstall should solve your problem as well.

Comment

I had that same problem, however, I'm not one to go playing in places I'm not sure about

I un-installed it all and then re-installed it. Everything worked fine after that.
                    So go on, go on be your own, go on be your own star!
                    A superstar in my eyes!

Comment

I think yes and no. Punkbuster does some things good. And some things crappy.
                      [url=http://2142-stats.com/baller4life+stats.html][img]http://sigs.2142-stats.com/baller4life_player_650.png[/img][/url]
                      [url=www.cainslair.com][img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n20/baller4life2468/bf2142sig.jpg[/img][/url]

Comment

i went to punkbuster.com and manually downloaded the updated version into my comp. i went to their site and they say its a very common glitch in programming that punkbuster doesnt automatically update itself so i did it and now it works great with even better video settings!
                        [url="http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19030358"]Dracontius - North America - Summoners - League of Legends Statistics - lolking.net[/url] - My LoL stats etc

[URL="http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82"]http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82[/URL] - Use link if you want to play League of Legends.

Comment

Originally posted by lady-MGS
                          I had that same problem, however, I'm not one to go playing in places I'm not sure about

I un-installed it all and then re-installed it. Everything worked fine after that.
                          You think someone picked up a corrupt file on a bad server or what lady?

Comment

GeneralSnake wrote

You think someone picked up a corrupt file on a bad server or what lady?
                            Well, my problem started right after I got QW:ET. They also have PB with that game. It might have just been a coincidence but tons of people were having the same problem at the same time.

IMO, the QW:ET ruined my game.

This topic has been brought up tons before and it's either manually update the file yourself and hope that works or uninstall it and start over.
                            So go on, go on be your own, go on be your own star!
                            A superstar in my eyes!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
                            Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X