Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion of possible plugins

Hi guys and gals.

I know i'm still new here, but I had two suggestions of possible addons (and I can go find the addon if you'd like) for the server. I'm open for all constructive criticism.

1. Forgive/slap/slay teamkills. Really easy pluginthat most servers with FF usually have. Not ALL teamkills are on purpose. Kind of sucks when someone walks in front of you while shooting and they get popped in the face. Sucks for them, but unfortunately for you, you spend the entire next round dead. Really simple plugin, you choose whether to forgive, slap, or slay the teammate that killed you. The slap damage is configurable as well in the plugin setup.

2. I'm sure I'll get lots of flak for this one, but here it goes. AWPs are awesome and fun to use. Surprisingly, they still require skill to use and master. Not everyone who uses an AWP is going to obliterate the other team. I played on several CAL teams, and I was typically our sniper, because I can go beast mode with an AWP. Yes, yes, I know I can use a scout - but when there's a better sniper built into the game, where a shot to the chest actually kills someone; I'd prefer to use that. I know that it can get extremely frustrating when the other team has 12 AWPs though. There's several plugins to limit the number of AWPs, but two that I think work best. There is a plugin that limits the number of AWPs allowed per team (this might be configurable in the server config if I recall correctly - it's been a while since I helped run a server). The solution that I like better, however, is a plugin that limits the number of AWPs a person can purchase per map. Default is 3 I believe, but again, this number is configurable.

Anyway, just some friendly thoughts and suggestions. Let me know what you guys think. Meanwhile, I hope to see you all in the server!

-J
    [hlx]

Number 1 is a terrible idea. If you TK'd someone, you meant it. Maybe not on purpose, but it's still your fault for being bad at aiming. Or like yesterday, where I ran to defend a flag when there was a child with a SAW randomly spamming it at a general direction, where no enemies were spotted.

Number 2 is a worse idea. This entire game is based on who can hit the head first. Then you introduce a weapon that is one shot kill to any part of the body. Not even shotguns at 10 meters can do that in this game. You can't expect something that is wildly overused be a good idea. Allow AWP and everyone will use AWP.

Comment

Eh, I beg to differ on both counts.

1. People are idiots. Not my fault if someone ran in front of me while I was in a fire fight and I shot them. Shouldn't be my fault for their stupid actions. Honest accidents happen, and both sides recognize it. Doesn't mean someone should have to spend the entire next round dead.

2. Shotguns can 1 shot kill. And a lot of people suck at/don't like sniping, so not everyone will use it.
      [hlx]

Comment

Jingles both are idea we will look into. Thank you for coming up with the ideas

Comment

Originally posted by jingles View Post
          Eh, I beg to differ on both counts.

1. People are idiots. Not my fault if someone ran in front of me while I was in a fire fight and I shot them. Shouldn't be my fault for their stupid actions. Honest accidents happen, and both sides recognize it. Doesn't mean someone should have to spend the entire next round dead.

2. Shotguns can 1 shot kill. And a lot of people suck at/don't like sniping, so not everyone will use it.
          A fair response.

For myself, until I get a claymore & punji stick mod, I've got no chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Qicmee View Post
            A fair response.

For myself, until I get a claymore & punji stick mod, I've got no chance.
            I think a pogo stick would work against the AWP.
            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
              I think a pogo stick would work against the AWP.
              Apache
              Ok, that made me chuckle
              [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
              So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Originally posted by BigTwinky View Post
                Ok, that made me chuckle
                +1 .. someone had a end of the round stat 327 jumps.

Comment

Thx Jingles...

1) I can look at that. For now I'm just going with pretty vanilla settings as I learn more about the way this server functions. I prefer nothing for TK'ers but when I do that then jerks jonig the server and TK until it is empty then move along to another server.

2) I'm removing the AWP/Auto plugin this morning. I hate the Awp but apparently a lot of hardcore players love the thing.

Thx for the feedback , and thanks for playing here!

Comment

Can we limit the AWP to 2 per side? It gets pretty ridiculous when 4 or more on one team is AWP'ing.
                    Apache

I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I can see, but the plugin I was using was on or off.

I want to see if we are busier this weekend with AWMPS/AUTOS back in first...

Comment

My son kils me enough without the AWP. Now...................
                        Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Here's what happens when you limit Awp/Sniper - circa DOD
                          "Dude u suckorz wid da sniper - let me have"
                          "I rock the sniper - give it up"
                          "Why this server only allow 2 snipers - that's lame"
                          etc, etc, etc.....
                          A change of Pace.
                          "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

If you do anything with a server people are going to bitch.
                            You have to many maps. You do not have enough maps.
                            I hate Hostage maps.
                            The rounds are to long.
                            The bomb timer is to long/short. etc. etc. etc.
                            Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                              Thx Jingles...

1) I can look at that. For now I'm just going with pretty vanilla settings as I learn more about the way this server functions. I prefer nothing for TK'ers but when I do that then jerks jonig the server and TK until it is empty then move along to another server.

2) I'm removing the AWP/Auto plugin this morning. I hate the Awp but apparently a lot of hardcore players love the thing.

Thx for the feedback , and thanks for playing here!
                              I figured I would help you out with it a little.

I'm totally fine with restrictions on AWPs, like I had mentioned previously (limiting per team or per map).

Here is a link to the sourcemod plugin which should work with CS:GO for limiting weapons per team.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=105219'

I'll look for the plugin that limits weapons per player per map (ex: Player is allowed 3 awps per map).
                              [hlx]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X