map rotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

map rotation

i know there are a couple posts about this but is there any possible way to make it a 4 map rotation on here.

something like dust2, inferno, office, nuke

all are classic pub maps and are played in leagues with the exception of office which is just a classic pub style.

feel like your bound to keep people coming back if you open up the variety a little more rather just than 2 options.

phenomm

Thx for the feedback.

I'll try some others, but the server does poorly when any map other than those two cycles through the rotation, and often empties out.

Since each map lasts an hour to two hours it does not rfecover from a less popular map.

Welcome to the Forums, I see you in the server often!

Comment

Cain, is there a way we can lower the round limit so the time on a map is less? Maybe that could work out better. thoughts?

Comment

Good thought JEffro, but we are playing "competitive mode" which calls for 30 rounds per map.'

And if all 30 rounds get played and each one lasts 2.5 minutes, one map lasts a very long time.

Comment

I think adding to the rotation at some point is good... right now I think the server is getting to the point where you have "regulars" -- I'm aiming to be one of them

But I wouldn't mind seeing a few rounds of Train, or Inferno, or whatever. The fact that AWPs are enabled actually DRIVES people to the server... if you advertise it in the server name then it's helpful. Having the server with "No AWP/Auto" are the ones I avoid, as they tend to get really lame, really fast.

It all depends on what you want -- regulars who play, or just a lot of people cramming in and out.

Comment

Earlier I saw Inferno was up on the Gametracker monitor on the right side.

Where do you put the Bayonet?
            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Inferno is a great great map. May be 1 sided competitively but in pubs its decent. Add add add!

Comment

Inferno is in the rotation as of today. I just played it a bit earlier. Hop on in
                Ahhh...the power of cheese!

Comment

Pssssst... Inferno Psssstttt..

First time through it did very, very well. Stay tuned.

Comment

Cain a weekly change up might be good. Just switch inferno with one of the other 3 and keep office/dust up.

Comment

Originally posted by Shyatic View Post
                      I think adding to the rotation at some point is good... right now I think the server is getting to the point where you have "regulars" -- I'm aiming to be one of them

But I wouldn't mind seeing a few rounds of Train, or Inferno, or whatever. The fact that AWPs are enabled actually DRIVES people to the server... if you advertise it in the server name then it's helpful. Having the server with "No AWP/Auto" are the ones I avoid, as they tend to get really lame, really fast.

It all depends on what you want -- regulars who play, or just a lot of people cramming in and out.
                      I appreciate the AWP feedback. I have been amazed by the number of people who have told me they Blacklist AWP banned servers....

I know last time I eliminated the AWPS our server fell off a cliff, stayed empty and never recovered.

Apparently many other players feel like you do!

Comment

Keep it. I feel its gone downhill since people have figured out how to kill without it

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                        Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X