Cain's Lair All-Nighter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cain's Lair All-Nighter?

I've been thinking of ways we can try to attract some late night players, or even some of the Euro crowd. All we really need to do is show them that we're a fun group of players and ask them to favorite us so they'll come back in the future. The challenge, however, comes with actually getting the opportunity to have them in our server due to the hours in which they play.

I propose a one-time event (maybe others in the future if it goes well) where a number of CLRs are willing to play late into the night (we're talking 4-6AM EST).

Perhaps half of the participants could be ones that stay up late, and the other half instead wake up early (5-6AM EST) and take over for the ones that stayed up late.

This could actually be a really fun event if we have enough participants. Maybe we could turn all-talk on (is that possible in competitive mode?) and give it a more relaxed and fun atmosphere during the event.

We may need to wait until we gather more members before we can make this kind of event work. How many of you would be willing to participate in something like this? The day of week is negotiable!
    Ahhh...the power of cheese!

I am up a t 5:00 AM Monday through Saturday. Unfortunately, I am going to work then.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
      I am up a t 5:00 AM Monday through Saturday. Unfortunately, I am going to work then.
      Apache
      Well i guess you are up for Sunday

Comment

Sounds like a good idea. Obviously with my time difference i can help the early morning crowd.

Comment

that would be pretty cool. I remember my 29 hours of straight MMO play (way back in the day before I actually had jobs and responsibilities), but pulling an all nighter would work, and could be pretty fun.

Specially if we start drinking. No wait, I didn't say that, did I?
          [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
          So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Originally posted by BigTwinky View Post
            Specially if we start drinking. No wait, I didn't say that, did I?
            You know, I was thinking the same thing but I didn't wanna say it
            Ahhh...the power of cheese!

Comment

I'm old, I can handle sleep deprevation one night a week (Or morning as the case may be)
              ??Click me to donate??

Comment

yea im in for this..i usually get off late sometimes so.. when i come play ... theres nobody to play except bots..
                so count me in! and please put ALL Talk on ....

Comment

why all-talk?? its ruin competitive gameplay..
                  Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

So we can talk to the other folks.. Have it on till servers jumps. Then turn it off... Server gets lonely...

Comment

That is a great idea.... A great idea!

One of the main reasons we empty out between midnight and 4AM is we get cheaters that come in and there is no admin at that time to handle them.

1 cheater can empty a server pretty quickly.

If we can make it through a night or two we may get enough players to survive a cheater or two, and I might find folks that play between midnight and 5am that can help us and be Admins..

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                      Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                        by Apache Warrior
                        6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                      • Reply to 6 years
                        by Sirex
                        I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                        Just hit 2.5K miles...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                      • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                        by Sirex
                        Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                      • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                        by Sirex
                        Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                      • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                        by Sirex
                        Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                      Working...
                      X