Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if CL had a jumpstart benefits or regulars benefits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if CL had a jumpstart benefits or regulars benefits?

Jumpstart the server get perks or shall say benefits?
    Become a regular at cains get benefits?
    Play a lot get benefits?

benefits can be like..
    every round get $100-$300 additional
    get a VIP tag
    get a VIP icon above your head
    etc...

just a thought...
    and your ideas?

I don't mean to rain on your parade - just constructive criticism.
    1. I don't think the extra cash per round is doable. Would involve some heavy scripting to give certain players extra cash.
    2. VIP tags are hard to enforce with few admins on. Anyone can throw on a clan tag.
    3. VIP icon above players head - do you mean like..in game? Cuz then the server would get goofy with folks running around with icons above them.

Easier possibilities would be things like certain CLR's can get a reserved slot (flag under amx configuration).

Things like that are actually doable.
    [hlx]

Comment

Originally posted by jingles View Post
      I don't mean to rain on your parade - just constructive criticism.
      1. I don't think the extra cash per round is doable. Would involve some heavy scripting to give certain players extra cash.
      2. VIP tags are hard to enforce with few admins on. Anyone can throw on a clan tag.
      3. VIP icon above players head - do you mean like..in game? Cuz then the server would get goofy with folks running around with icons above them.

Easier possibilities would be things like certain CLR's can get a reserved slot (flag under amx configuration).

Things like that are actually doable.
      1.cash is do-able i have a custom SM plugin
      2.VIP tags are only given to rewarded players by the admin(s).
      or earn by becoming a daily regular.
      3. i was thinking the same, but theres other options aswell
      you can get a welcome and leaving message a reserve slot aswell..the list can go on...and get creative too.. i just didnt want to post anything to make CL look like a goofy server.

just thoughts.. u can rain on my parade... we aint gonna implement it... just curious what people would think.

Comment

Wouldn't running around with a special icon hanging over your head just make you a bigger target for the other side?
        And my head is big enough in game.
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I don't like de idea of extra cash, everyone should play on the same level. But a reserved slot for regalar players that support the server is a nice thing in my opinion, and doesn't give an unfair advantage.

Comment

There was this amx plugin from back in the day of old dod and cs, that if you played on the server between 6am-11am and stay for X minutes. You would get a reserved slot that you can use for the rest of the day. It was pretty sweet. I don't know if there is one like that now...I would have to check

Also maybe you can give immunity to regulars or donator at the end of each round so they take no damage but can't fire back either like in TF2.

Edit: Ohh and no extra money to anyone. We all equal
            Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Originally posted by AmazingRedd View Post
              There was this amx plugin from back in the day of old dod and cs, that if you played on the server between 6am-11am and stay for X minutes. You would get a reserved slot that you can use for the rest of the day. It was pretty sweet. I don't know if there is one like that now...I would have to check

Also maybe you can give immunity to regulars or donator at the end of each round so they take no damage but can't fire back either like in TF2
              exactly.. perks and rewards are all optional on how you set it..
              the ones listed are ideas..

i have the plugin with me for CS:GO.
              i just dont know if cain wants to implement it.

Comment

Originally posted by AmazingRedd View Post

Also maybe you can give immunity to regulars or donator at the end of each round so they take no damage but can't fire back either like in TF2.

Edit: Ohh and no extra money to anyone. We all equal
                I like the reserved slot idea which provides an incentive for players to play in our off-peak times. I wouldn't support anything that would give players an unfair advantage over others though.
                Ahhh...the power of cheese!

Comment

I think it takes away from the fairness of the game. If I'm a good player and I start out with more money then the crappy players, well then they just stay crap players or leave cause I'm owning them.

It's bad enough that a good a player will make more money (name of the game) but giving them even more is just a way to piss people off and make them not wanna play here.

I let people kill me when i know I could run through them with a knife... gotta keep people busy and they won't worry about leaving.

(other times I get dominated)

Reserved Slots are great, but they can piss me off. Nothing I hate more than getting kicked for someone else (and yes that can be disabled) or getting lined jumped while waiting....

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                  Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                    by Apache Warrior
                    6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                  • Reply to 6 years
                    by Sirex
                    I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                    Just hit 2.5K miles...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                  • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                    by Sirex
                    Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                  • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                    by Sirex
                    Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                  • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                    by Sirex
                    Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                  Working...
                  X