Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuff I'm working on

AFK adjustments

FF Problems -- I think FF adds some challenge and realism, but it allows asshats another way to ... asshat! I'm gonna try FF off for a few days, it causes too many problems when Admins are not around. If I can find a good CSGO FF plugin, we will re-enable it then.

Maps! (Inferno has done much better than expected, and gives us something fresh.)

Hostage Killing penalties

Bomb Timer tweaks - will probably lower the timer a bit

Allow Blocking, or remove Blocking?? - Again this is a realism setting, but also allows asshats another way to be jerks.

Feedback and comments by players in the server, welcome.

FF on is fine with me. I like it either way. What I do hate is the players who have no concept of FF on. The other night I was set up to kill an AWP'er with my Autosniper. I headshot the AWP'er, but as I did my team mate slides in front of me and gets headshot also. Some players just have no idea of how to play with FF on. They are just as bad as the ones who pop up and stand right beside you, while you are in a firefight. Then you try to duck around the corner to reload and find yourself blocked and dead. rant off. I tend to be grouchy when tired.
    For some reason T players are starting to camp the projector room. This allows the CT's to rescue two hostages in the front room. Then they kill the two in the projector room and win the round. Then the T side starts killing the two front room hostages to prevent that. I am not a fan of this style of play as it slows the game down to where it becomes an AWP fest. Then people start leaving the game.
    I like the bomb timer at 45 seconds when I am a CT. But, to be fair I think it should be set at 30 seconds. 45 seconds give the CT side to much time to defuse and makes it less likely that they will buy a defusal kit.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

The default bomb timer is 45 secs... Let's try 40 secs and see how that works for us.

Stats show that less than 1/3 of the time does the bomb get defused now, I hate to make that even lower.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
        The default bomb timer is 45 secs... Let's try 40 secs and see how that works for us.

Stats show that less than 1/3 of the time does the bomb get defused now, I hate to make that even lower.
        Some of that is CT's who do not want to lose their expensive gun so they refuse to try and go off to hide.
        Then there are the ones on pistol round who do the same thing.
        Apache

I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

AFK settings you say?

I did hear a few complaints over the bomb timer yesterday. New players to the server saying they're not used to it being so high.

Comment

Thx for the feedback guys. We are running the default timer.

My concern is that if I make that bomb blow up much faster, that current 19% defusal rate will drop much lower... If the bomb blows up too quickly, less players will try to defuse.

Plant the Bomb 1,641 times
            Defuse the Bomb 316 times

If anything the stats would suggest I should lengthen the timer, but I do not want to discourage folks from planting either.

Comment

I'm perfectly fine with it being at 45 seconds. Gives quite a lot of close call games where the bomb is defused a second before it blows, or the CT just can't make it in time.

40 seconds does seem like a good compromise though. Any lower and you run the risk of having the bomb blow every time its set which would be annoying.

Comment

Thx for the feedback guys. We are running the default timer.

My concern is that if I make that bomb blow up much faster, that current 19% defusal rate will drop much lower... If the bomb blows up too quickly, less players will try to defuse.

Plant the Bomb 1,641 times
                Defuse the Bomb 316 times

If anything the stats would suggest I should lengthen the timer, but I do not want to discourage folks from planting either.
                That is a huge difference. Maybe we should leave it at 45 seconds.
                Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Yes Juneau, my thoughts exactly. CTs are already scared enough to try and defuse!

You are right Apache, it is a huge difference.... stats don't lie.

Let's try 40 secs, and see if we get complaints, or that number defusal number goes even lower....

Comment

Yes Juneau, my thoughts exactly. CTs are already scared enough to try and defuse!

You are right Apache, it is a huge difference.... stats don't lie.

Let's try 40 secs, and see if we get complaints, or that number defusal number goes even lower....

Comment

Just wanted to add that i think blocking should stay. I haven't seen any major issues with it where somebody is blocking doorways over and over.

If too many things are changed we may run the risk of driving away players that like our current settings.

Comment

Door blocking was a very serious problem in DOD. It is not as much in CS. Although you can still do it. For example the house on Italy. But, CS Maps usually have more exits. On Italy the window and the upstairs door allow you to bypass the main door.
                        The biggest problem with it though is when rushing. On Dust II when the T side rushes B, one or two players stopping in the tunnel will block the whole team and stop the rush dead. Then the CT side can kill 5 or 6 players instantly.
                        Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                          Then there are the ones on pistol round who do the same thing.
                          Apache
                          Pistol rounds are my favorite. The setting is even and I can shoot more people with pistol then a rifle. I think that BF3 has taught me to shoot the body and I can't get over it.

I don't think I EVER bought something to diffuse a bomb. Most times people just get killed before you can even come to close to the bomb.

Can we see the stats on rounds won through the bomb blowing compared to a diffuse? I think this will show that most rounds are won through killing and not the bombs/hostage.

Of course there are the idiots who have 45 seconds left in a round and just sit around waiting to camp.

I personally like FF and noticed alot of people starting in the server type ff to see if it is on or off. I don't want it off.

I can live with or without the collision. Its part of the game IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                            Just wanted to add that i think blocking should stay. I haven't seen any major issues with it where somebody is blocking doorways over and over.

If too many things are changed we may run the risk of driving away players that like our current settings.
                            You are 1000% correct Sir.... I learned that lesson the hard way with our first CSGO Server!

Also Blocking is a big part of being a "competitive" type server... When folks do not see blocking they think the server is casual.

Comment

AFK adjustments: Good to hear. This should make it easier to get into server when it is full.

FF Problems: With a 30 player server, I think FF ON may be doing more harm than good. Mainly because you have 15 guys fighting for the 3 or 4 good shooting spots. It is very frustrating when I've been patiently waiting in a good spot and have an idiot start strafing in front of me right when the action heats up. I think FF is great when it's 10 vs 10. I would like to see FF turned off.

Maps: I was very glad to see the new maps being tried out and I enjoyed getting owned on Inferno.

Hostage Killing penalties: I haven't had this be a problem for me yet.

Bomb Timer Tweaks: I think the bomb defusing mostly happens after all Ts are dead. I think the stats you posted may be hard to read into unless you can tell how many times the bomb was defused with at least one T still alive. I think lowering the time by 5 seconds won't hurt much.

Blocking: I haven't had this be a problem for me yet.
                              Nauticas

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X