de_dust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

de_dust

Horribly CT sided map. Unless the CT's are absolutely retarded, it is almost always 15-0 at half. Please drop this map. There is a reason most servers don't play this map.
    [hlx]

I played it once in the rotation yesterday and I felt like punching my monitor. I immediately thought "this has to go"

Comment

Seriously.. I had an hour before i had to go back to class. Figured i'd hop on for some fun gaming. Had to sit through 13 rounds of dust on T side...Map ending score? 16-1. Now i'm sitting through Office, which is currently 8-2, T's. Which a crappy hour of CS. I'm more frustrated than relaxed.
      [hlx]

Comment

What map would you like in its place?

Comment

We can't go wrong with office, CTs are getting good at breaking the T camping, dust 2 is fine and inferno too, train was better than dust IMO, but I don't know the stats.

Comment

Here's the problem:

Aztec, badly CT sided
            Nuke, badly CT sided
            Italy, badly T sides
            Dust, badly CT sided...

Train - I think works well... Although it is not well liked by many, because it is difficult to protect a planted bomb.

I'll put Train back in... it is probably my fav map.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
              Here's the problem:

Aztec, badly CT sided
              Nuke, badly CT sided
              Italy, badly T sides
              Dust, badly CT sided...
              Actually, i disagree with Aztec and Nuke. Both are reasonably fair IMO. Nuke has always been a league map, as it is seen as rather fair on both sided. If the T's man up and rush together, or split off in two directions, but keep up the pressure - they can win easily.

Same concept for Aztec. I've been on the CT side of a Terrorist ass whooping numerous times in Aztec. T's just need to work as a team, which is why we're playing competitive anyway.

On Dust however, there are multiple factors that give CT's the leading edge. They can reach the tunnel quicker than terrorists can. With the introduction of incendiary grenades, they can throw incendiaries in tunnels from the outside corner of CT spawn, further hindering T's from making it through. And they just all around have the higher ground on T's from every direction.
              [hlx]

Comment

Aztec will probably get another shot, Nuke, no way. I played it quite a bit and it is as bad as Dust....

Thx for the feedback and comments all are welcome from folks playing this game in our server....

Comment

In all honesty, from the few maps i've played, Valve need to make some major edits. These are some of the most one sided maps i've played in any game, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                    In all honesty, from the few maps i've played, Valve need to make some major edits. These are some of the most one sided maps i've played in any game, ever.
                    Agree 1,000% !! Some minor changes to some of these maps would really help.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                      Agree 1,000% !! Some minor changes to some of these maps would really help.
                      I emphasise the word 'routes'. The maps might be good for say 10 or so players as the teams will be spread thinner over the map. But 32 player action? Far too many people funneled into very few directions.

Reminds me of the damned Titans in 2142. Get one good squad defending and the entire other team has no chance lol.

Comment

There are people out there who mod the stock maps to make the game play balance out. I have seen Aztec and Train with added sections and passage ways that really rock.
                        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I am very open to custom maps.... all my old DODS guys know once we get a server going I like custom maps...

Comment

Yes we did. And the nods to the stock maps made them even better. And we had Cainslair Posters in the game.
                            And the redirected download made for fast map downloads.
                            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Custom maps will only work if you if you start a server full of them. Not force people to download extra maps they have very little intention of trying. Is there a way to get custom weapons? Because I want a 50 cal sniper.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X