• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10/3/12 Patch

Originally Posted by Valve
    [ Minor Fixes ]

Matchmaking
    -Added a vote to continue playing competitive match with bots after a human player abandons the match, unanimous agreement of remaining human players is required to continue playing with bots.
    -Reduced time required for confirming match when searching for competitive players and servers.
    -Improved overall search times in competitive queue mode.
    -Added a client message when the wamup period ends.
    -Extended competitive match warmup period to 90 seconds.
    -Message of the day will automatically dismiss itself when competitive match starts.
    -Added an explanation to competitive cooldown timer for clients.
    -Added a condition to apply competitive cooldown to players who have disconnected from the match.
    -Implemented scaling cooldown periods for repeat incidences.

Vertigo
    -Rearranged props below the boost-up ladder to prevent players jumping onto the ladder without boosting
    -Clipped off various tiny ledges
    -Made small props protruding from walls non-solid
    -Fixed visible nodraw in ceiling hole

Misc
    -Fixed a long standing bug where you could lose mouse input when you got to the team select screen.
    -Fixed a bug where the color correction during freeze time did not account for the players also being invulnerable during the new warmup - this fixed the CC gap at the start.
    -Fixed some bugs relating to the warmup notification not reliably showing for late joiners.
    -The chat now displays when the warmup has ended, just like when it is in progress.

Originally posted by Cain View Post
    Originally Posted by Valve
    -Fixed a long standing bug where you could lose mouse input when you got to the team select screen.
    I got that the other day, was having a good game too had to exit.
    So annoying!

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
    ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

I'm still waiting for the fix where they stop releasing so many damned updates which stop you from joining servers every other day.

Comment

I am still having problems with the F2 key.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
          Faulty keyboard?

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
            I'm still waiting for the fix where they stop releasing so many damned updates which stop you from joining servers every other day.
            Yeah, really!
            Ahhh...the power of cheese!

Comment

The updates are quick and easy. Gotta love steam and valve!

Don't you guys want a bug free game. Free updates, free Contents? It's practically normal. New patch..you have to wait for server to be patch. It Happens in every game. Be patient!
              Last edited by AmazingRedd; 4 Oct 2012, 12:11 AM. Reason: Spelling..
              Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

yea mine erases what i last bought if i press F2 when not in the buy menu, odd.
                [hlx]

Comment

yea mine erases what i last bought if i press F2 when not in the buy menu, odd.\

edit sometimes it will just buy things i bought like 5 rounds ago
                  [hlx]

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                    Originally posted by ch33s3r View Post
                    Yeah, really!
                    Excuse me???????????????????
                    You are upset because they are patching this game to much? Maybe y'all should go back to playing EA games if you dislike games that get their problems fixed.
                    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I think the frustrating aspect is that Valve doesn't seem to have a mechanism to control patch releases. They just ambush the servers and then wonder away to work on the next patch.

Seems like they could 1) proactively notify a list of interested server owners and 2) provide an opt-in feature that could auto-patch & reboot a server. From a customer service perspective, the way they do it now is odd.

I never liked EA's BF3 patches because they always needed another patch for the patch (to fix the patch).

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                        You are upset because they are patching this game to much? Maybe y'all should go back to playing EA games if you dislike games that get their problems fixed.
                        Apache
                        I love the patches, but i hate how they affect your connectivity to the servers. Are fixes actually happening to the game and the server at the same time? 'Cus it usually seems like they're just game fixes which should, imo, have no bearing on your connectivity to a server.

I could swear in other games we've played, when an update appeared it wasn't always a certainty that the server would need to be updated too. Or maybe the every other day updates are harder to miss.

Comment

THe reason behind them updating both is they basicly rebuild the client each time.
                          Least the build id changes.
                          So even if they just did a server or a client update, they would not let you on the servers.
                          So with each client fix they rebuild, meaning servers have to update too.
                          Plus the servers have the exact same content as the game does.
                          Obviously with out a few essentual things to make it play as a game.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
                          ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

They broke the rebuy option...

1st spawn, buy deagle, die
                            2nd spawn, use autobuy to buy deagle, die
                            3rd spawn, autobuy doesn't work because you used it last round and it thinks you didn't buy a thing the round before.

Very, very annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                              Apache
                              Of course I want the problems fixed...who doesn't? But I'd rather they test their patches effectively before releasing them so they don't need to take the service down multiple times in a week to release multiple patches. You have to admit it has been excessive lately...
                              Ahhh...the power of cheese!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X