X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I put that {CLR} to my name?

Reference: http://www.cainslair.com/showthread.php?t=2021

Welcome to Cain's Lair !!

I'm glad you are having fun here, glad you dropped by our Forums, and glad you have an interest in being a part of our Community.

Cain's Lair is a gaming Community, a collection of people who love games, and hate the BS normally associated with on-line gaming (things like excessive profanity, racial insults, sexual harassment, asshatting, and having to put up with people who act like jerks, simply to annoy others).

Cain's Lair Regulars {CLR}s value sportsmanship, civility, and enjoy good teamwork. They love playing here, making new friends here, supporting the server and its ideals, and they always treat others with respect - even when they do not deserve it.

If you agree with all the above, and want to join and be a loyal supporter of our Community - of like-minded people - attach and wear the {CLR} tag with pride and set a good example for others in the server by:

1) Becoming our friend, and a frequent poster in our Forums, and hopefully a monthly financial contributor to help keep our servers on-line
    2) Not accusing others of cheating, or whining with your suspicions that others are cheating - primarily because they killed YOU
    3) Being helpful to others (particularly new players), you were new once too
    4) Displaying good sportsmanship (Say gs, and gg, etc), and being positive when dealing with other players, even if they are doing something that annoys you
    5) Treating other players with respect (No profanity, racial slurs, ethnic slurs, gender bashing, or harassment of any type). Not calling players n00bs or other derogatory names of any sort
    6) Not participating in lame gameplay or tactics, and keeping a team oriented focus
    7) Using VOIP in a positive fashion to help your teammates win the game, not spamming VOIP up with annoying non-game related chatter, and/or whining

Note: The {CLR} tag, to be displayed properly, tag uses squiggly brackets {}.

Remember this, if you decide to become a CLR then you are expected to set a good, positive example by your actions and gameplay, and work to make the game fun for others. Be aware that players who are new to the server will think you are an admin - but very few around here actually are, and even they do not bully or threaten any other players. You are welcome, and encouraged, to post in the "Report a Jerk" Section if someone is seriously spoiling your fun.

It is also perfectly acceptable to inform (in a polite way) about our server's rules, which vary slightly from server to server, but all of our servers always include these basic rules; "No Cheating, Cursing, or Asshatting".

Acting like a jerk (asshat) can and will get any {CLR} removed from these servers, just like anyone else, in fact, probably removed more quickly because you are expected to set the best possible example for other players here.

Since you now have a responsibility to positively support and promote our server, {CLR}s who are caught asshatting, or breaking any server rules will subject to permanent ban, and removal from the server and these Forums, as quickly as anyone else, possibly quicker.

Remember the score of a round is quickly forgotten, but the actions of others are remembered for a very, very long time.

Keep it light, and keep it fun for yourself and for others !!

"Welcome to Cain's Lair; You'll come for the Games, but you'll stay for the people."

- Cain

Comment

I've been waiting for a post like that since the CS:GO server started, thank you Golden!

Been playing here since 2009, I LOVE it, wore the CLR tag a bit on the TF2 server and on BF3 too I believe. Eventually removed it and went back to <(a.c)> which stands for Astro Cat, just a funny tag me and a couple of friends use.

I whine, I curse too much, I scream in my mic sometimes and although I'm not the best, if I see a noob I'll call him a noob. I will be an ass if someone is an ass to me, sometimes double.

I'm not always like that though or else I would be playing elsewhere, but I don't think I want people to associate my (sometimes rude) behavior with the CLR tag.

My opinion is that everyone should get a good feel of the community before deciding to wear the tag!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Douche Lord View Post
          I've been waiting for a post like that since the CS:GO server started, thank you Golden!

Been playing here since 2009, I LOVE it, wore the CLR tag a bit on the TF2 server and on BF3 too I believe. Eventually removed it and went back to <(a.c)> which stands for Astro Cat, just a funny tag me and a couple of friends use.

I whine, I curse too much, I scream in my mic sometimes and although I'm not the best, if I see a noob I'll call him a noob. I will be an ass if someone is an ass to me, sometimes double.

I'm not always like that though or else I would be playing elsewhere, but I don't think I want people to associate my (sometimes rude) behavior with the CLR tag.

My opinion is that everyone should get a good feel of the community before deciding to wear the tag!
          As long as your not an asshat I would more then welcome seeing the CLR on you. Enthusiasm is one the biggest things.

PS i copied a copy of this.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
          Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
            by Apache Warrior
            6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
          • Reply to 6 years
            by Sirex
            I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
            Just hit 2.5K miles...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
          • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
            by Sirex
            Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
          • Reply to Hell Let Loose
            by Sirex
            Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
          • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
            by Sirex
            Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
          Working...
          X