Rate "hackers"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rate "hackers"

Saw a few people in the server today with a 5-10 ping and they are not from NY or NJ and bullets were not registering on them too well so they must be using a cmdrate really low (8-12) we call that rate hacking cause the server dont know exactly where their hit boxes are suppose to be, can you set the sv_mincmdrate to at least 50, Im pretty sure most players get atleast 50 fps
    [hlx]

I don't know if I get 50 FPS haha...I only have an HD4000 in this laptop.

Comment

Good suggestions..

Comment

Originally posted by Vyruss View Post
        I don't know if I get 50 FPS haha...I only have an HD4000 in this laptop.
        lol that sucks, I loaded GO on my wifes laptop hoping my 11 year old could play with me, but nope 20 fps just dont cut it....Did you try the fps config I posted? it might help ya out
        [hlx]

Comment

Originally posted by Synergy View Post
          lol that sucks, I loaded GO on my wifes laptop hoping my 11 year old could play with me, but nope 20 fps just dont cut it....Did you try the fps config I posted? it might help ya out
          I'm definitely hitting at least 30. Oh I will definitely check out your fps config!

Comment

I completely forgot about rate hackers. Very good point
            Ahhh...the power of cheese!

Comment

weeee
              Last edited by Synergy; 15 Oct 2012, 11:16 AM.
              [hlx]

Comment

If I may interject, I can't attest to whether or not Will Smith and Pure were using this cmdrate method but I'm at my university in CT and almost always have a low ping of 10 or so. I'm not using this rate hacking method as can be verified by my massive death rate compared to my kills haha. I'm no hacker but my ping is really low and I'm not in NJ or NY. So perhaps they are not rate hacking?

Comment

you can tell by the stats page, will smith is ok i think his ave ms is 16 so thats not that far off,, so idk but pure is clearly doinging it his ping should be 38ish and will smith should be around 16 but ingame they were both around 8 ...16ms should register as an average 20 so I think will is also...but he really sucks so , i thought matbe he didnt know but then to him it was a big deal i tryed to help him and said you should fix your rates and shit hit the fan... tells me he is guilty when you tell some one fx your rates for better game play and it turns out they get made and make a big deal about it....ANY MANIPULATION OF THE GAME IS HACKING...ban or fix issue...
                  [hlx]

Comment

Synergy, if you suspect someone of cheating, let me or another Admin know.

I don't want our players all accusing others openly of hacking, it creates a hostile server atmosphere.

Comment

Is it wrong to have too many FPS? I don't understand what is going on here.

Comment

He is saying some people may be manipulating their update rate to make it harder for the server to track them correctly.

I have a high enough sv_mincmdrate set that I believe this to be a non-issue for us however...

KP, don't worry, you will just get confused, and frustrated, when you get frustrated you try to play vigilante in RL, when you play vigilante in RL you get your nuts cut off - don't get your nuts cut off.

Comment

Wait a sec, Cain has time to watch TV commercials?!?!

Comment

Too late, Cain. Too late.

Comment

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X