couple suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

couple suggestions

Hey guys, glad the forums are back up! I had a few suggestions for the map rotation.

1. I think the server might benefit from lowering the round count on certain maps from 30 - 20. Maps like Vertigo and Mirage feel like a looooong asswhoopin sometimes lol. Or even on all the maps.

2. 2 or 3 more maps in the rotation would keep things a bit more interesting also and would make up for the shorter round count by spacing the maps out more. Some maps I would suggest are Piranesi, Prodigy, Train, and/or Mill for de maps and maybe Italy or Office for cs maps. All maps are fairly popular (with exception of prodigy) so there isnt any danger of "killing" the server.

Let me know know what you guys think of my ideas, i wont be butthurt if you dont agree i promise lol

1. Can't change rounds otherwise server will be unranked.
    2. I don't play this game so good luck on that part.

Comment

oohhhh i didnt know that

Comment

yea unfortunately competitive mode force us to play 30 rounds. So can't really edit anything there. unless we switch to casual which is 20 rounds..but i doubt we would change from competitive.

Also now that we got the forums back, we can probably set up an event at night to test some custom maps like we used to. bring some variety to the rotation.
        Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

yea, i wouldnt want to change from competitive either.

Comment

Casual game play is totally different. The game automatically gives every CT a free defusal kit at the beginning of each round.
            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Mutant N. Turtle View Post
              Hey guys, glad the forums are back up! I had a few suggestions for the map rotation.

1. I think the server might benefit from lowering the round count on certain maps from 30 - 20. Maps like Vertigo and Mirage feel like a looooong asswhoopin sometimes lol. Or even on all the maps.

2. 2 or 3 more maps in the rotation would keep things a bit more interesting also and would make up for the shorter round count by spacing the maps out more. Some maps I would suggest are Piranesi, Prodigy, Train, and/or Mill for de maps and maybe Italy or Office for cs maps. All maps are fairly popular (with exception of prodigy) so there isnt any danger of "killing" the server.

Let me know know what you guys think of my ideas, i wont be butthurt if you dont agree i promise lol
              Let's chat....

1) Competitive mode is supposed to be 30 rounds, thus we play 30 rounds per map, first team to 16 wins.

2) I've been out of town and out of the State most of the last two weeks, but I continue to look for good, fun, BALANCED new maps that people enjoy. I'm wide open to testing and even using custom maps but here are the requirements for me to try them and seriously look at them.

Must be a final-final version
              Must work properly with compression and a high-speed re-direct.
              Must hold at least 32 players
              Must have a file size of 30 megs or less
              Must be balanced and fair
              Must have a working and complete .nav file
              Must have working radar and mini-map

And finally, if it has all the above, players must like the map.

You would be surprised how few maps meet these criteria...

Comment

Piranesi!!! is there a finale for it yet?? love that map
                [hlx]

Comment

me2

Comment

I cant wait for a final version of Cbble

Comment

more maps please!!! i like the rotation but its getting boring!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mutant N. Turtle View Post
                        I cant wait for a final version of Cbble
                        I keep hearing Cobble will be "coming soon" as an official map..

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                        Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X