X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hellgate London

Now this Game looks Good.

http://www.electronicarts.co.uk/medi...es/11119/2806/

yepp, but like with women: there is more than that meets the eyes.
    Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

I was just reading up on this game, and yes, it does sound pretty good. It sounds like an interesting mix of 2 genres. Its based in 2038 London, in a kind of post-apocalyptic world.

Definatly on my games to watch list, mainly because they are trying to do something somewhat new.

http://www.hellgatelondon.com/goodie...6/#fancy_panel

HELLGATE: LONDON
      The game combines the depth of third-person role-playing games and the action of first-person shooters while offering infinite playability through dynamically generated levels, items, enemies and events. The player creates a heroic character, completes quests, and battles through innumerable hordes of demons to advance through experience levels and branching skill paths.

A robust, flexible skill and spell system, highly customizable appearances, and a massive variety of randomly generated equipment allow players to create their own unique hero.

100 base weapon types, totally randomized weapon attributes, and a wealth of modification enhancements all combine to create millions of ways to fight.

A robust, dedicated multiplayer experience allows large groups of players to cooperate in quests while supporting a vast marketplace of armor, weapons and equipment.
      [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
      So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

This is a game I was really looking forward to, but premil reviews are not that great.

While they say the game is fun, there are some key aspects that will make me think twice before buying it.

It?s a 3D Action RPG, kinda like Diablo. You can make one of 6 classes, and they all play differently. The melee class plays like your traditional MMO style gaming, while one of the shooter / marksman class plays more like an FPS. Sounds interesting.

However, the storyline is apparently really weak, more so than normally expected in these games. The mob AI is not too strong either. They see you, they come after you. There are also some very noticeable collision detection issues.

You can buy the game, play the single play or online versions. However, for $10 a month, you get access to more content. This can include new quests, lands, classes, powers and so on. Paying and non-paying people mingle in the meeting areas and can game together in areas where they both have access.

They also have a hardcore mode where you have perma death. So when you see your max level hardcore toon going around, you know he knows what he is doing.

Might still pick up the game, but will defiantly wait to pay for the content. And once you stop your subscription to the content, you no longer have access to all the content that you previously had.

Comment

My dad as pre orderd this game for me but after reading the review I'm in to minds about the game. The game Play looks ok but from what the reviews say it a very short game which put me off.

Comment

Keeping an eye on this one, I'm also undecided.
            [url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Thrashdragon][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/violet/Thrashdragon.png[/img][/url]
            [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/spikedz/TD_Latin.png[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Prey_for_Death
              very short game which put me off.
              SAME HERE. Some games demand multiplayer, others do not, and for me, this kind of game is more single-player (Bar will most assuredly disagree with me, although every time I see him on XFire playing Diablo 2 I have been tempted). I dislike the current trend of super-short (or non-existent) single-player games, because I like the thought of being able to play a game years after its popularity has died. I had high hopes for this one, but, now I have more time for Pirates.

Comment

Or just pick it up in 2 years time in the bargain $14.99 bin, when all the content people will pay for is available for free.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X