2 new Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 new Maps

Looks like there are 2 new maps for TF2 coming out..

Badlands and some other one wohooo!!

Yep, the ?new? Badlands map is going to be a remake of the classic TF Badlands.
    No news yet (that I have seen) on the other new map.

They are also introducing some changes to the classes, starting first with the Medic.
    Walker also said that modifications to the medic class are coming soon, possibly before the maps. Although unspecified, Walker said, "It's a large scale modification to the core of the game. It'll debut in a limited fashion through the Medic first, but it'll be affecting all classes eventually."
    No idea what these changes will be, but looks like they are tweaking the game, which is always a good sign.

This makes me...

[this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
    So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Re: 2 new Maps

Originally posted by Gremlin_flg
      Looks like there are 2 new maps for TF2 coming out..

Badlands and some other one wohooo!!
      yep i read about that in one of the updates. go devs.
      Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Awesome! This is good news, indeed.

I never really tired of TF2, just got "sucked in" to CoD4 with nearly everyone else. Not saying CoD4 is a bad game, but I miss the teamwork-oriented style of TF2.

Any dates set thus far? I was needing a gentle nudge to get in the mood to play this game again, and this has done the trick fairly well.

Comment

That's good to hear, I was starting to miss TF2. Hopefully the new changes will bring some people back to the server.
          [url=http://profile.xfire.com/guile787][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/1/guile787.png[/img][/url]

Comment

I hope they will bring the server back to the people

Comment

Found a few of these possible "changes."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=179585

Highlights:
              --"Large Scale Modification" to the core of the game
              --Mentioned changing Soldier and Pyro
              --Pyro may be receiving small amounts of points for igniting enemies. This makes up for the "heavily damaged and disrupted the enemy plan, but didn't actually kill anyone" situations.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=180237

Highlights
              --Unlockable "weapons" for every class
              --Earned by completing 50% and 100% of accomplishments (class-specific ones that will be added in)
              --Can be changed at a "loadout" screen, likely similar to BF2142's kit customization screen
              --Only known unlock thus far: Overhealer. The medigun gives the receiver a 100% health boost instead of 50%. However, the uber bar will fill extremely slow (and there's talk the developers are thinking of making this weapon unable to build uber at all)

Not exactly sure how reliable these articles are, but they mentioned some direct quotes from the developers themselves, so they seem to be noteworthy.

Exciting stuff. As Guile said, I never really tired of TF2, but when everyone went for CoD4, it was hard to start the server. With these articles in mind, it's safe to assume Valve will be adding in a LOT of content over the next weeks and months.

Ah, it's about time to bring back out the trusty wrench.

Comment

I feeling up for a little TF2 again. I love the game, I just got caught up in another game...

Comment

Not sure how useful a non-uber healing gun would be. The medic is a great class, and healing is essential when you don't have teles up, but the uber is usually what makes the class stand out and allows for a team to push beyond a well entrenched enemy. I guess allowing people to keep the old version or use the new version is great for people like me who might not like it.

I am usually not disappointed with what Valve and company do with their games. So I have faith that it will be fun and add an extra element to the game.

Custom maps are really what is making the game stay with me. I'm on servers with map voting that has good range of customs along with the classics. Some are pretty crap, but we typically vote to end the map quickly. Some are just a riot. Playing MeleeBarn the first time was just insane fun.

I also pretty much only play on servers with instant respawn, or modified respawn. Its instant, but when one team controls more or less points, there is a timer that sets in to make things a bit more balanced. Trying to cap the last point where defenders have instant respawn right beside makes it kinda hard

Comment

Originally posted by BigTwinky
                    Not sure how useful a non-uber healing gun would be. The medic is a great class, and healing is essential when you don't have teles up, but the uber is usually what makes the class stand out and allows for a team to push beyond a well entrenched enemy. I guess allowing people to keep the old version or use the new version is great for people like me who might not like it.
                    The latest article I read on it stated that the Overhealer will allow a medic to permanently (well, until you die) raise other players' health to 200, and that it will not have an uber.

That's a bit much, IMHO. A rush of 200 health guys is going to pose a ton of balance problems with weapon damage, sentry guns, etc. Unless it takes a really long time to raise a player's health to 200, but then they run the risk of making the Overhealer worthless. A fine line to walk.
                    [url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Thrashdragon][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/violet/Thrashdragon.png[/img][/url]
                    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/spikedz/TD_Latin.png[/img]

Comment

i'm in

Comment

Originally posted by BigTwinky
                        Yep, the ?new? Badlands map is going to be a remake of the classic TF Badlands.
                        No news yet (that I have seen) on the other new map.

They are also introducing some changes to the classes, starting first with the Medic.
                        Walker also said that modifications to the medic class are coming soon, possibly before the maps. Although unspecified, Walker said, "It's a large scale modification to the core of the game. It'll debut in a limited fashion through the Medic first, but it'll be affecting all classes eventually."
                        No idea what these changes will be, but looks like they are tweaking the game, which is always a good sign.

This makes me...

couldn't resist...

Comment

^ROFL Vito. You must have a lot of free time...LOL
                          We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

ROFL! Me gots a new siggy

Comment

Is funny to me.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X