Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ageia acquired

Unknown bidder

An industry source has confirmed that Ageia has been acquired. We don?t know who got the company but we can confirm that it is not AMD.

We suspect Intel or Nvidia but we still don?t know, maybe is a third player after all.

We will try to get more details.
    I can't believe that somebody bought this worthless company.

Bit Boyz, OY !!!

Now to finish their world domination scheme, they will be acquiring the makers of the KillerNIC !!!
    Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

I dunno. Worthless or not, they did do one thing for the industry. they taught them that an independent "co-porocessor" for physics can do for current systems did what the math co-processor of olders computers did. they paved the way for intel, amd and nvidia to think about offloading physics engines to do the work, on seperate cores, cards, etc. its the first step. and rarely does the first step companies stay alive(look at 3dfx's multicore cards).

i would take a safe bet that Intel wound up with the purchase. Nvidia doesn't need it since it proved that its GPU's can perform the operation, and AMD has been talking about its fusion CPU's, so intel taking the step of its integrated gpu's as physics co processors based off the Ageia tech would not surprise me at all.

Comment

Hey, now you are assuming Intel needs help in the graphics department .. I am seriously considering an Intel video card for my next build ...

Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Originally posted by WalkinTarget
          Bit Boyz, OY !!!

Now to finish their world domination scheme, they will be acquiring the makers of the KillerNIC !!!
          KillerNIC.... lolz....that is a cool looking NIC!
          [IMG]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/radarsig1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Ageia denies the calim to X-bit:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/multime...ird_Party.html

The spokesman is quoted as stating simply, "We have no information about [the acquisition of Ageia]. There have been no changes [in the structure of investors]. As you know this kind of rumors pops up from time to time..."

Comment

They have cited the source of this rumor to be someone in this forum, possibly in this thread...

LOL-- just kidding.......

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X