Latest info on BF4 Alpha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest info on BF4 Alpha

If you have been invited to participate in the Battlefield 4 Alpha Trial, you have already received an email about it now, and the game will show up in your Origin games library.

Besides that:
    - There will be no more invites sent out
    - There will be no other way to gain access to the Alpha Trial
    - There will only be this single Alpha Trial
    - Invitations have been random
    - Only people who have chosen to receive emails from EA could get the invitation, as it would be illegal to send emails otherwise.

Thanks,
    TheBikingViking
    Last edited by Cain; 18 Jun 2013, 06:24 PM.
    [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Balls... BALLS!

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
      Balls... BALLS!
      and they are hairy ones

Comment

Thx for the update cobalt.

Well how is it??

Does the VOIP work properly??

-------------

https://help.ea.com/article/how-do-i...efield-4-alpha

Comment

Didn't hear voip yet, but it is the alpha.

All I can say is that if you dont have a squad to work with , you wont last long unless you're hiding on top of a bldg somewhere. Squad work is gonna be real important on this game with the way the flags are layed out. Least on the China map.
          [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

No VOIP = very, very bad.

Comment

I have faith cain... you must have some faith.. or else hope.

Comment

I think they said that about BF3, that faulty VoIP was due to it being early. It never got fixed, to this day.

BF2's VoIP worked from the earliest test versions.
                Last edited by Cain; 22 Jun 2013, 09:27 AM.

Comment

i going to say this and this only ....if they want to make this game esport worthy ....voice over ip is a MUST so i think it will happen .....becuase all the streaming stuff and all was trying hard to make us all beleive that they want this to be a big esport game

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                    I have faith cain... you must have some faith.. or else hope.
                    My fingers are crossed. They will only implement in-game VOIP if enough people complain loudly enough and long enough.

Comment

I just don't get how VOIP is an issue. It's almost as if it's some new tech just created with a thousand bugs to iron out.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                        I just don't get how VOIP is an issue. It's almost as if it's some new tech just created with a thousand bugs to iron out.
                        I think the developers thought that third party apps like TS would fill the void but after UT3s VOIP issues you think they would have prioritized it. Lets hope this time they not only get it working but improve on it.
                        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

That would never happen. Third party apps are a choice, therefore the majority choose not to use it.

Modern day VoIP was created in 1995. Yet almost 2 decades later, EA/Dice still find it a challenge to get it working lol.

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Cobalt View Post
                            If you have been invited to participate in the Battlefield 4 Alpha Trial, you have already received an email about it now, and the game will show up in your Origin games library.

Besides that:
                            - There will be no more invites sent out
                            - There will be no other way to gain access to the Alpha Trial
                            - There will only be this single Alpha Trial
                            - Invitations have been random
                            - Only people who have chosen to receive emails from EA could get the invitation, as it would be illegal to send emails otherwise.

Thanks,
                            TheBikingViking
                            OK I understand that they sent them out randomly, but not really sure why... The BF account I currently use is tied all the way back to my BF2 days, and I played every game and expansion between then and now, and no invite... sigh. And Cobalt won't even come on TS to brag about it mic to mic... Probably because he's too busy playing the alpha.

Comment

maybe he really takes the ND statement to heart?

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X