Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BF new info: Perks trees and other things.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BF new info: Perks trees and other things.

Earlier today DICE finally posted a second thread titled, "Tweaked to the Core," as part of their blog themed "The Road to Battlefield 4." In this weeks blog post, Gameplay Designer Alan Kertz, presents the very first group shot(s) of Battlefield 4’s multiplayer kits, showing the Assault, Recon, Engineer, and Support kits from the Russian, U.S. and Chinese armies as well as the improvements and changes that were made to Battlefield 4's class system.

Also, Alan Kertz goes in to more detail on how squad mobility is an absolute priority in the development of Battlefield 4, stating.

"As far as gadgets go, we’re allowing for stronger team play on the move by introducing all-new gadgets like the Portable Laser Designator, and adding new portable First Aid and Ammo Packs. These packs now allow Assault and Support players to top off a single teammate’s health or ammo on the move, while the traditional Ammo Box and Med Kit keep their stationary area heal and resupply roles. In the case of the Portable Laser Designator, it’s designed as a SOFLAM for the Recon on the run – allowing you to quickly laser designate targets without the longer setup time of a SOFLAM (with the tradeoff of not being able to deploy it and have it auto-designate targets for you.)"

Furthermore, Kertz gives players a better understanding on how the Suppression system will work in Battlefield 4, stating.

"We’re increasing the suppression effect of Light Machine Guns, exclusive to the Support kit, while other weapons are less suppressive. Additionally, we’ve decreased suppression at close range to ensure that close quarters battles always focus sharply on player skill. Besides changing the visual effects of suppression, we’re also replacing the accuracy penalty in Battlefield 3 with a scope sway effect – similar to what snipers get in Battlefield 3 while suppressed. A skilled, focused player can keep his aim on target and get hits, even while under the effects of Suppression."

Inconjuction to last weeks blog post on Field Upgrades, Kertz explains how they work. Apperently each class will have four Upgrade paths to choose from, two of them, being universal to all classes. For example, every class will have access to both the Defensive and Offensive upgrade paths. The Offensive path which starts with SPRINT. Will go through AMMO, MORE GRENADES, and REDUCED FALL. Where as the Defensive path starts with ARMOR. It will go through COVER, FLAK, and QUICK REGEN. As for class upgrades, the Assault kit has the unique Combat Medic and Grenadier paths to choose from. While the Engineer can choose between specializing in the roles of either a Mechanic or an Anti-Tank soldier. Furthermore, Kertz sates, that DICE is giving us the opportunity to vote for a special community upgrade path to be included in BF4, and here they are.

"Community Career Path 1: Shockwave
    Specializations: AMMO>ARMOR>GRENADES>SUPPRESSION
    This is the career for players who want to wreak havoc at the frontlines. Built to promote offensive play and gung-ho attitude, you’ll need all the extra AMMO you can get. ARMOR gives you that increased protection that means you could walk away from chance encounters at zero range when rounding a corner, while an added GRENADE lets you clear out enemy camps more freely. Lastly, that extra SUPPRESSION boost comes in handy when you find out you’ve run into a hornet’s nest.

Community Career Path 2: Survivor
    Specializations: REDUCED FALL>AMMO>QUICK REGEN>COVER
    Fortune favors the brave. Or in the case of the “SURVIVOR” career, fortune favors players who have bolstered their survival capabilities by picking the right specializations. REDUCED FALL means you can jump off rooftops when enemies are blasting RPG into your building, while extra AMMO always helps when trying to shoot yourself out of a pinch. QUICK REGEN means you only need a short period of time before your soldier starts to auto heal, while COVER effectively means enemy suppression will not have as much effect on your ability to return fire with accuracy.

Community Career Path 3: Shadow
    Specializations: QUICK UNSPOT>SPRINT>REDUCED FALL>STEALTH
    Inspired by the fabled shadow warriors of the Orient, the “SHADOW” career grants you the mystical powers you need to infiltrate enemy territory without being seen. Okay, not really, but it grants you some perks that accumulated will give you an edge when going behind enemy lines. QUICK UNSPOT means you’ll disappear more quickly from enemy radars when you’ve been spotted, while SPRINT lets you move quickly from cover to cover. REDUCED FALL lets you jump from your favorite hiding places without taking damage, while STEALTH grants you the ability to remain undetected when passing within range of enemy motion sensors.

Community Career Path 4: Hunter
    Specializations: ADVANCED SPOT>SPRINT>AMMO>GRENADES
    So you want to be a big game hunter? ADVANCED SPOT grants you the ability to have targets spotted for extended periods of time – they can run, but they can’t hide. While they’re cowering behind cover thinking that they’ve escaped detection, SPRINT up to them and use your extra AMMO and GRENADE to flush them out! Sometimes, playing Battlefield is almost too easy."

Remember to cast your vote no later than August 22 so DICE can implement the necessary changes in time for launch. You'll also find a full list of squad specializations and their abilities at the end of the article. Which you can find under the "Plan Your Career" header.

Alright thats it for me gamers, and for those of you interested in voting, place your votes HERE!

Community Career Path 5: Anti-Armor
    Specializations: ADVANCED HIDE>DEPENDS UNDERGARMENTS>QUIET SOBBING>ENHANCED GIB EXPLOSION

-Rand
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

There we go deeper into the COD territory. BF has always been relied on to get somewhat realistic combat. What the hell are you introducing "Reduced Fall" for? This is a COD perk. You can't expect me to believe that somehow a soldier takes less fall damage because of a perk. I can understand "Sprint" faster is because you have lighter equipment. I can understand that Armor helps against chest shots. The reason COD is more fun to some people is because it lacks maturity. COD devs can go bonkers with their unrealistic perks. Nobody is going to question it. A Stealth perk where you won't show up on enemy sensors? How? Why not keep the game as real as possible. The game still looks fab, but I see BF5 in two years changing its name to Battle Duty: Futuristic Warfare... and a 12 year old kid calling me a f****t.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
        There we go deeper into the COD territory. BF has always been relied on to get somewhat realistic combat. What the hell are you introducing "Reduced Fall" for? This is a COD perk. You can't expect me to believe that somehow a soldier takes less fall damage because of a perk. I can understand "Sprint" faster is because you have lighter equipment. I can understand that Armor helps against chest shots. The reason COD is more fun to some people is because it lacks maturity. COD devs can go bonkers with their unrealistic perks. Nobody is going to question it. A Stealth perk where you won't show up on enemy sensors? How? Why not keep the game as real as possible. The game still looks fab, but I see BF5 in two years changing its name to Battle Duty: Futuristic Warfare... and a 12 year old kid calling me a f****t.
        I thought you look in the mirror and say that to yourself. It won't hurt you that someone a year older said it to you.

Comment

Goldenfooler, your source for everything BF4!

Do you work for EA?? If not their marketing department should hire you.
          [hlx]

"Why so serious"

Comment

I just have way to much time at work and type in BF4 into google. Plus i look at the reddit page.

Next week is Gamescon in Koln(why I didn't go to it when I lived there..I don't know). There will be another map shown and another type of game.

I hope they do something like 2142 but using battleships as the base to take down.

I wonder if Grisu will be going.

Comment

Phantom does have a point. But on the other hand, I'm tired of jumpin off 2 ft. rocks and dying. BC2 at least let you deploy your chute to avoid damage. BF3 not so much. I guess it's a trade off. I just hope they have the net code fixed. BF3 is frustrating at times at the things that are stupid.

LIke runnin behind a rock or wall and dying 2 seconds after the fact.
              [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by trip202 View Post
                Goldenfooler, your source for everything BF4!

Do you work for EA?? If not their marketing department should hire you.
                Follow Battlefield on Facebook and twitter. Golden just copy/pasted this from the Battlelog Blog.

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2013/08...fb-rtbf-081513

He's also missed the one from today:

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2013/08...-askdice081613

Comment

yup i missed it.

This might cause a problem.

Yes, there will definitely be mortars in Battlefield 4! A redesigned, remote-controlled Mortar will allow Support players to give indirect fire support while staying with the squad.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                    yup i missed it.

This might cause a problem.

Yes, there will definitely be mortars in Battlefield 4! A redesigned, remote-controlled Mortar will allow Support players to give indirect fire support while staying with the squad.
                    And it will probably get hacked like cartillery.
                    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I wonder which of those community perks are switched off in hardcore mode.

Comment

Path 6: Camper
                        Specializations: HIDE IN BUSH>DECK OF CARDS TO PASS TIME>OMGOMGOMG A TARGET>SUPPRESSED GIGGLE

Comment

Originally posted by JohnyRico View Post
                          Path 6: Camper
                          Specializations: HIDE IN BUSH>DECK OF CARDS TO PASS TIME>OMGOMGOMG A TARGET>SUPPRESSED GIGGLE

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                          Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                            by Apache Warrior
                            6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                          • Reply to 6 years
                            by Sirex
                            I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                            Just hit 2.5K miles...
                            5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                          • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                            by Sirex
                            Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                            5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                          • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                            by Sirex
                            Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                            5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                          • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                            by Sirex
                            Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                            5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                          Working...
                          X